SSD

850W Corsair PSU

anyone else ever had this Problem??

ty

0 Likes
1 Solution
azalot
Adept I

If anyone stumbled across this, i fixed it and leave this thread open.

i was about to buy a whole new mainboard + cpu + ram at my local Computer store. This guy instantly realized what's going on when i mentioned i have a rx 6800 from XFX (Swift Version in my case).

He said people come to his shop on a daily bases with 6000Series Problems and especially those XFX seems to overheat and make coil noise into crashing whole PCs.

So i bought a rx 7700 XT and everything runs smooth like butter.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Hardwood
Paragon

Just this game or all games?

I notice it's most apparent when outside. Can you turn down the draw distance?

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes

in most games. once human is just a great example because it happens the most here.

here is example of GTA V: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RufwIFDHLWw

i can set everything to ultralow which changes nothing which is super weird... 

things i replaced already: CPU, RAM, SSD, PSU. 

so basicly it's the mainboard or the new CPU / GPU is faulty i guess...

0 Likes
azalot
Adept I

mh

0 Likes
Hardwood
Paragon

That would be extra annoying. How old is the 6800? Any warranty? What brand is it?

Does your mobo have the latest BIOS?

Any friends with an older gpu laying around you can use to test?

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes

bought it a few weeks ago and troubleshooting since then. because i bought new cpu aswell i first thought it might be faulty CPU, but then i tried my old rx 580 and it's wayyy better, if not completely gone.

i did latest bios update and bought new PSU + RAM.

tried that new Game "throne and liberty" and the rx 6800 crashed in the tutorial (had to hard reset). while the rx 580 is stable, not a single stutter but lower graphics ofc.

would love to start RMA but i get error 404 on the AMD warranty page https://www.amd.com/de/resources/support-articles/warranty/Consumer-Graphics.html

if i click on the second option because i bought it somewhere else, the site won't load

0 Likes
azalot
Adept I

If anyone stumbled across this, i fixed it and leave this thread open.

i was about to buy a whole new mainboard + cpu + ram at my local Computer store. This guy instantly realized what's going on when i mentioned i have a rx 6800 from XFX (Swift Version in my case).

He said people come to his shop on a daily bases with 6000Series Problems and especially those XFX seems to overheat and make coil noise into crashing whole PCs.

So i bought a rx 7700 XT and everything runs smooth like butter.

0 Likes
Hardwood
Paragon

Golly, XFX used to be a good brand.  What brand of 7700 did you get? 

0 Likes