cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Destractoid
Journeyman III

RX 6800 FPS Issues

I got an RX 6800 for my pc a few months back, and it has not been performing as it seems it should be. 
As a more extreme example, my pc has better specs than this video, and yet I struggle to maintain a consistent 60fps (frequently dipping into the 30s) while on low settings at 1080p, where in the video he is getting a better framerate at 1440p ultrawide on near max settings. 
Many other games have intrusive levels of stuttering that I have not been able to fix.
I have tried reinstalling drivers, changing settings in bios, and reinstalling windows; among other small tweaks that I can't list off the top of my head. 
At this point, I am at a bit of a loss and could use some advice from someone who knows more than a layman like myself on where to look for issues and how to potentially fix things. Or maybe I am just misunderstanding the situation, and I need to be corrected. Either way, I appreciate any input people can give.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Destractoid
Journeyman III

Haha! I found the issue! Apparently one of my pcie slots is going bad. Swapped it to another slot and it is now functioning perfectly! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

What are the specs of your PC? What game are you talking about and if your GPU has 2 connectors are you running one cable to connect to both power connectors, or are you running two indivual cables from the PSU to power the GPU? The rule with newer cards starting around the 5000 series, is to run one cable from the PSU for each power connector. Otherwise, you will not be able to feed enough power to the GPU. 

Typically one 6+2 pin connector can only supply around 150 watts. The GPU slot on the motherboard can only supply roughly 75 watts. This can vary, and only running one cable for multiple connectors can easily cause instability, and poor performance on modern GPUs. 

https://community.amd.com/t5/knowledge-base/information-required-when-posting-a-discussion/ta-p/4227...

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
Destractoid
Journeyman III

Haha! I found the issue! Apparently one of my pcie slots is going bad. Swapped it to another slot and it is now functioning perfectly! 

0 Likes
Ritta_Clark
Journeyman III

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing FPS issues with your RX 6800. It can indeed be frustrating when your hardware isn't performing as expected. It sounds like you've already tried a variety of troubleshooting steps. Since you're still facing problems, I'd recommend reaching out to AMD's official support or community forums. They might be able to provide more specialized assistance and guidance tailored to your specific setup. It's possible that there could be specific settings, configurations, or optimizations that could help improve your performance. Good luck, and I hope you're able to resolve the issue soon!

0 Likes