cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

beduartex
Journeyman III

My RX580 stopped working out of the blue

Hello! I was playing with my friends at night when my mom called me to have dinner. I turned off the PC, and when I turned it on again it had no video. The next day I woke up and it was working again, but when I turned it off it was not working anymore. I unplugged and plugged the GPU but was still not working. I changed the power supply, reset the BIOS and still nothing. Ever since, it goes in this loop, sometimes it works (10%) and sometimes it doesn't work (90%).

I don't know what else to do, the IT guy said that the GPU was working fine because he tested it in another PC, but it is not working in mine.

0 Likes
2 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

A lot of times when electronics cease working properly is after a shutdown/reboot .. no power and then power .. etc

It could be your motherboard .. it could be your RAM .. it could be something entirely else

you could try a different GPU in your setup for testing .. you already said your GPU worked fine in another rig

Hard to tell what exactly is the culprit without swapping parts and what not 

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
beduartex
Journeyman III

Ok... I'll try the GPU again in another motherboard. My RAM is working fine, if the GPU works in another motherboard then I'm going to change it.

0 Likes