Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Matthew_De_Kock
Journeyman III

RX 6600 Underperforming

Bought an RX 6600 graphics card With a Ryzen 3 4300GE CPU and 16gb Ram

I researched the benchmarks and I should easily get around 150 - 180 FPS on medium/low settings for Apex Legends

but I have been underwhelmed with its performance and only getting 70 - 100 FPS 

Iv tried everything watched all the YouTube videos and nothing works. really desperate right now. Please help 

0 Likes
4 Replies
brak215th
Adept I

Desperate? Bud your rockin 70- 90 fps and it hurts like that? SMH first world problems, anyhow, What is the Mobo your using, I did have this issue back on the FX platform I had a motherboard with no Heatsinks on the VRMS and it cost that 8350 alot, when they'd over heat In GTA V for instance, I went from 80fps waaaaay down to 29..... Killed me. Until I saw that mobo was not made for that power hungry monster. When that was fixed it became stable and very overclockablel. Memory, you running dual channel?, whats its speed in the realworld? OS bloat? Are you broadcasting a stream while youyr gaming, What settings you rockin. I mean all this could do it. Power supply is it up to the task or under/over volting? The fps are they sudden drops or you never reach what you feel it should reach? what resolution. all of this matters. Gotta give us more detail bud.

Ryzen 5 3600 &--Crucial Ballistix 16GB--GTX 1080ti
0 Likes

That CPU maybe the one holding you back. It was hard getting a combo like that on Youtube but try rocket league, you should be getting around 110fps with that GPU+CPU or 120 in PUBG.

I could see people having that framerate on medium settings in APEX but they were rocking a 6600XT and a 5600X, the CPU you have is more like on par with a Ryzen 5 2600X on single core.

johnnyenglish_0-1649022866835.png

The Englishman
0 Likes

Yeah he sure is on the Ryzen 3 I honestly cant see  180fps either. I wouldnt hit that either, Last time I played that before I put it down I think I might have hit 90fps lol Man this kids got an awefull high bar set for himself. Or mine is awfully low.... Can't tell. 

Ryzen 5 3600 &--Crucial Ballistix 16GB--GTX 1080ti
0 Likes

Do you have the in-game settings matched to those from the benchmark videos? Minecraft is very particular about graphics settings and even things like how much system ram you have allocated to the game can massively affect the framerates.

That being said, MC in general doesn't run too brilliantly on AMD cards and shaders especially nuke performance.

0 Likes