cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mks812
Journeyman III

powercolor rx6700xt hellhound 3fps alt-tab

So, I have had many problems with radeon in last 7 months, we could say new month new problem, he he... Last month I had problem that after alt-tabbing whole system goes 3fps mode with ~6%cpu utilization and 0% gpu. After some time it fixes itself, it keeps forever or the whole adrenaline driver crashes with system. I benchmarked whole PC with no errors using OCCT and ram passed tonight the memtest for 7 and half times. I also yesterday installed the new version of drivers that for jokes adds only frame generation and even downloaded experimental win 11 patch that fixes some things. Well in the end I once again used DDU in safe mode, I might be delusional but I think I also had once the 3fps bug (I also found out before that if I have the 3fps bug I can quicky alt-tab like 30 times and it makes gpu work again) but then didnt see it. Instead I have now pointless VRAM leak or something, when I start PC, windows alocates like 1GB of VRAM out of 12. After I play game for some hours it gets to the point of 11680MB and graph starts to have drop spikes from 120fps to 90 and whole game feels like 30fps. It sometimes drops back to like straight 11GB but then its back to laggy ~11700MB, after closing game I can have 8/12GB of VRAM still alocated while I just look at the desktop. I dont know if the previous problem solved itself and now its only this leak, but I have no idea what to do anymore. Thanks for anything 

R5 5600x
32GB patriot viper xmp1
powercolor rx6700xt hellhound
gigabyte b550 gaming x v2 rev1.4

0 Likes
1 Reply
mks812
Journeyman III

If anyone ever find it helpful I "probably" fixed it running:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM
/Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM
/Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
since I turned off windows login assistant and I think it was all good, DISM fixed the autopilot.dll error in event log so I can turn on windows login assistant again and test. Will edit if it didnt really fix

AHH yea and VRAM leak I fixed before by turning off the optimisation of windowed application in windows settings

nvm didnt help

0 Likes