cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

user101
Journeyman III

Native display resolution incorrect

Trying to get setup using RSR on new graphics card, XFX Radeon RX 7600, but native display is detected as 1920 X 1080, so unable to use RSR to upscale graphics to 2160p for my display which is a Sony Bravia 4K LED television.  I can play games such as FarCry 5 with the graphics at 3840 X 2160 @60Hz, I just apparently can't do it using RSR upscaling.  Tried creating a custom resolution within Adrenalin but it keeps telling me my settings are incompatible with my display.  Per the user manual I have for the TV which shows a diagram of a PC connected via HDMI to port 4 on the television that is what I am using.  Per the specifications listed in the user manual for the TV all 4 HDMI ports support the same resolutions, including 3840 X 2160 at 60Hz, although there is a note which reades "YCbCr 4:2:0 / 8bit only."  Tonight I purchased a HDMI 2.0 cable to confirm I wasn't using an outdated one. 

Why is the native resolution being reported as 1920 X 1080 when I'm using a display capable of 4K, and is there any setting in the software that I can change to correct this?  Would my custom resolution idea even help, and how would I set that up in a way that it wouldn't be rejected by the Adrenaline software?  Is there any difference between the 4 ports on the back of the card, and is there a user manual available anywhere which identifies any possible difference between the ports on the back of the card?

Have Adrenalin 23.7.2 installed, and Windows shows the TV as a generic pnp monitor.  Tried changing the latter to generic television but it immediately changes back, even in safe mode.  Looking again at the 4 ports on the back of the card only 1 is HDMI, and that is all I can use with this TV.  Exact model number of TV is XBR-55X810C.

0 Likes
1 Solution
user101
Journeyman III

If someone can mark this as resolved it would be much appreciated.

Contacted AMD this morning and they sent me instructions for a clean install, i.e. wiping any former Radeon softwares from the system (Catalyst was installed as of last week) and reinstalling Adrenalin 23.7.2 again.  This didn't immediately correct it, but turning the PC on again 4 hours later it is now showing native resolution of 3840 X 2160.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
user101
Journeyman III

If someone can mark this as resolved it would be much appreciated.

Contacted AMD this morning and they sent me instructions for a clean install, i.e. wiping any former Radeon softwares from the system (Catalyst was installed as of last week) and reinstalling Adrenalin 23.7.2 again.  This didn't immediately correct it, but turning the PC on again 4 hours later it is now showing native resolution of 3840 X 2160.

0 Likes