cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

JoeMelkor
Adept I

Crash and Default performance tuning settings have been restored when playing Age of Empires 3

So, I am experiencing what appears to be a fairly common problem. Sometimes (not always) when I play Age of Empires 3 I have a crash and the monitor no longer receives a signal. I can hear the game but the screen is black and the monitor is blinking. This only happens when I play AOE3. 

I have tried most of the solutions available online, including those on this forum, but no luck. I have:

Disabled fast Start-up

Installed the latest graphics driver

(I have no idea about over clocking and have never installed any programmes for it)

Opened the tower and cleaned the inside

Disabled AMD crash defender and AMD external events utility

Contacted AOE support (they said it was a hardware problem)

My PSU is 750 watt. My GPU is the AMD Radeon RX 560 series. My CPU is the AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Also check your Task Manager. Look at your ram usage and cpu, maybe it's a memory issue? as fullscreening will prioritize the game I think but I'm not sure

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
slavicpsycho
Adept II

Could you see the metrics (temp, clock speed) and tell me what you see before the crash? Also try windowed mode.

0 Likes

It crashed at 1189 Mhz GPU fan speed and Vram 1500. The temperature was 86 degrees C. I have been playing in windowed mode.

0 Likes

Well since the 560 doesn't really have a "max temp" it isn't horrible at max load, can you try fullscreen? Sometimes these types of games are NOT alt tab/windowed mode friendly.

0 Likes

I tried full screen and it didn't crash. I also made sure no other tabs were open. I will try again today to see if that continues to work.

Also check your Task Manager. Look at your ram usage and cpu, maybe it's a memory issue? as fullscreening will prioritize the game I think but I'm not sure

0 Likes

Depending on the partner model, there is a max temp 85-90C.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes