Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

gtx295
Journeyman III

MSI Radeon rx66600xt gaming x Low default clock speeds

Hello everyone.

I have an underperforming 6600 XT. Apparently the card only runs at 500mhz instead of the stated game clock of 2607mhz. Gaming performance also reflects this. But when i manually set the max clock to 2607, I can see those speeds. When i tried it on a different computer, I got the same result.  But when Windows automatically installs the driver, the card can work at full speed, but this time I cannot access the driver.

Is there any bios that solves the problem? I have read that some brands have released bios that solve this problem.

System Specs:

ryzen 1600af

1x32gb ddr4 3200 mhz kingston ram

msi a320m a pro motherboard

msi rx6600xt gaming x gpu

750w ocz psu

1tb kioxia ssd

0 Likes
2 Replies
Neutralbias
Journeyman III

I have this exact issue with a 6650 XT. CPU would max out at 1200 Mhz, but I could overclock it back to its normal clock speeds. I tried it out in Linux and the card behaved normally, and after I reinstalled windows it looks like its back to normal behavior.

I think there might be something borked in Adrenaline 23.9.1, since there are other threads on the forum that show clock speed issues from back in January. I have more testing to do, but a fresh windows install *might* help.

Also, the Ryzen 1600af is pretty old at this point. You may be experiencing a CPU bottleneck.

0 Likes

This is a weird problem. I don't know why it works at 500 mhz. But some brands (like Gigabyte) have published bios.

Where can i find this bios? What i'm thinking is, will the graphics card work if i put a different card bios?

By the way, I know that the processor is bottlenecked. It also works as single channel RAM (1x32GB). I'm thinking of upgrading the processor to 5600, it will probably solve the bottleneck problem. And i will add another 32 GB RAM.

0 Likes