cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jay_the_gay
Adept I

Minecraft not using dedicated Radeon GPU

I've tried to set the javaw.exe and java.exe both to high and it's still running on my integrated. I've tried everything I can find and none of it is working. 

Specs
-Intel(R) UHD Graphics 730 (integrated)
-Radeon (TM) RX 470 Graphics (dedicated)
-12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 (CPU)
-8 GB memory

I can give more information if needed, I just really want this to be fixed. It doesn't lag when I don't use shaders but when I do (Iris, Complementary) it gets maybe 20 fps max, and no matter what I do the F3 shows that it's still using the integrated GPU.

0 Likes
1 Solution
jay_the_gay
Adept I

Problem has been fixed! Turns out I had the monitor plugged into the motherboard instead of the GPU, which I didn't know was a thing (found out via Reddit)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
FunkZ
Paragon

You have two graphics processors, the Intel UHD in the processor and the RX 470 discrete card, and you have both enabled so you have to select which one to use for games. Or if you always want to use the RX 470 and never want to use the IGP in the processor then you can simply disable it in the BIOS.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
jay_the_gay
Adept I

I have tried selecting which one. It is at high performance currently and yet it still uses the Intel UHD, but only for Minecraft. For Roblox, it works perfectly fine and automatically used the Radeon, but Minecraft just doesn't seem to do so.

0 Likes
jay_the_gay
Adept I

Problem has been fixed! Turns out I had the monitor plugged into the motherboard instead of the GPU, which I didn't know was a thing (found out via Reddit)

0 Likes