cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

vincentagustinoh
Journeyman III

Dual Graphics On Ryzen 5 3400G + RX 560

I had a problem when I made my IGPU a desktop processing GPU while the RX 560 was for gaming. The problem is that the RX 560 is not used when i play my game (0% utilization) and in Windows graphic settings, the RX 560 does not appear for my game but in the device manager it does. Can someone help me?

0 Likes
4 Replies
FunkZ
Paragon

I'm not certain whether you're referring to the AMD branded technology named "Dual Graphics" or if you just happened to refer to your setup as having two graphics processors.

As you capitalized "Dual Graphics" then that is a feature more than a decade old. (aka Hybrid Graphics or Hybrid Crossfire) You needed to use a supported APU + discrete card along with the appropriate Catalyst driver package. In this Hardware Secrets article they used 15.7 - none of this is obviously still supported or applicable for your hardware.

Your problem is you have two graphics processors, the Radeon Vega 11 in your 3400G and the RX 560 discrete card, and you have both enabled so you have to select which one to use for games. Or if you always want to use the RX 560 and never want to use the IGP in the 3400G then you can simply disable it in the BIOS.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

How do i select which one graphic to use for games? When i go to graphic settings in Windows, its says only Vega 11 graphic that can be used, no RX 560 option. And when i set the RX 560 as Primary Graphic, its work but only until 75hz, when i set to 100hz the screen flickering.

If i had my game running on RX 560 and my desktop running on Vega 11, the game cant be fullscreen, its there but the display going to freeze.

0 Likes

Did you click on the link I posted above? Multiple users posted in that thread with screenshots of how to set this.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

Yes I did already, if you want to see my graphic preference here it is:

vincentagustinoh_0-1716902507794.png

I plug my HDMI to the motherboard

If i plug HDMI to the VGA it done this:

vincentagustinoh_1-1716902640567.png

But i can't set my display to 100hz and the desktop use resource of the RX 560, not the Vega 11.

0 Likes