cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

juniorninjutso
Journeyman III

Issue with AMD RX 6600 series GPUs in games with low GPU usage and high CPU usage

I've encountered a recurring issue with my AMD RX 6600 series graphics card while playing certain games like Valorant, CS:GO, and League of Legends. During gameplay, I've noticed significant performance drops, including FPS reductions and lag.

The problem seems to occur when my GPU detects low usage levels while my CPU is under heavy load. As a result, the graphics card drastically reduces its clock speeds, leading to performance degradation. This is particularly frustrating as competitive gamers, including myself, often set graphics settings to the minimum to maximize FPS. However, this action seems to exacerbate the issue, as the GPU interprets this low usage and lowers its clock speeds, causing the problem.

It appears that the root cause lies in how the GPU interprets low demand scenarios, mistakenly reducing clock speeds to as low as 100 MHz. This happens even in situations where maintaining maximum GPU performance is essential for smooth gameplay.

This issue has a significant impact on my gaming experience, especially in competitive environments where quick and consistent responsiveness is crucial. I believe addressing this concern promptly is necessary to ensure an optimized gaming experience for users of AMD RX 6600 series graphics cards like myself.

I appreciate your attention to this matter and hope for a resolution that improves gameplay performance for affected users.

0 Likes
1 Reply
peter9
Journeyman III

So when will the fps drops stop and when will we be able to play normally again?

0 Likes