cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Nassoft
Journeyman III

I uninstalled AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition and my Radeon RX Vega has a processing cap.

Hello everybody.

Forgive me for my not very good English.

First of all, my CPU specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor

GPU: AMD Radeon RX Vega

RAM: 16GB

Motherboard: b450mhc v6.0 (Biostar)

I was having problems with the installed version of "AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition" when I upgraded, so I wanted to uninstall it so I could reinstall the program from scratch.

I did that, but when I finished the installation I realized that my graphics card no longer had the power it had before. It wasn't normal for me to use overclocking functions and the like, so I didn't have anything like that enabled in my old settings.

I was playing both Baldurs Gate 3 and Resident Evil 4 (with almost all settings at maximum, before updating the software), and for that reason I realized that my card was no longer at the same power.

The first reason was that the games dropped the FPS a lot and crashed completely. (This both after updating the software and after reinstalling it)

The second reason was that sometimes while playing both games I was getting the "FATAL ERROR" or "CRITICAL ERROR" error. (This started to happen more frequently after reinstalling the software, but it had happened a few times when I updated the software)

And the third reason comes precisely from Resident Evil 4, which is possible to see how much VRAM you have access to, and what was before around 14 or 15 GB went down to 7 GB after I reinstalled the AMD software.

I already tried using the "Registry Editor" to increase the "Shared System Memory", which had no effect (Link to the video I used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKGbq600rUc&ab_channel=CrownGEEK )

I've already tried to find a way in my BIOS to access DVMT Pre-Allocated, Pre-Allocated Memory Size, UMA Frame Buffer Size, or Video Memory Size, but to no avail in my BIOS. I don't think there's anything I can do in it. (Link to the website I was using as a guide: https://www.technewstoday.com/how-to-increase-vram/ )

And I tried a few other things that I don't even know exactly anymore, since I spent the day testing.

I ask you, how do I solve this problem?

0 Likes
0 Replies