cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Mirk125
Adept I

HP Pavilion 15 AMD A10 9600p error code 43

So i have this issue with my hp laptop whereby everytime i restart i get an error code 43 on both my display drivers. I've only been able to use my laptop by uninstalling then reinstalling the driver but my games have increasing become stuttery and sometimes unplayable. I am currently on the most recent legacy driver update. Anyone know a real fix?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Mirk125
Adept I

So I finally found a solution to the problem. After uninstalling the originally drivers, when the pc was restarting I went into bios and enable legacy boot. After that I was able to install the last known legacy drivers and didn't run into any restart issues. Thanks for all the help you guys.

View solution in original post

25 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

With a laptop, I would try HP's drivers as brands tend to make their own modifications and using AMD's driver like you should with DYI desktops does not necessarily work.

0 Likes

So it kind of seemed to work but the file Hp gave me is installing the M8 M445DX instead of R7 M340. Should i try looking for a specific download that installs both the R5 graphics and R7 M340?

0 Likes

Might be easiest if you use HP's restore partition on harddrive to restore it to original state, then use included software and Windows update to updater it and don't install any drivers by yourself

0 Likes

the included software isn't allowing me to look for any new updates. the amd softwarethe amd softwaremy "new" display drivers i should have the r7 m340 instead of this onemy "new" display drivers i should have the r7 m340 instead of this one

0 Likes

"the included software isn't allowing me to look for any new updates"

This is just one reason I don't like brand computers and prefer DYI desktops which follow standards. Basically HP sees that your machine has reach the end of it's life and should be thrown in to garbage even though it works just fine (and likely the business spreads PR about how green they are).

About your GPU: You should read this https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R8-M445DX-Dual-Graphics-Benchmarks-and-Specs.169457.0.html 

I would likely try to force the laptop to use the more powerfull GPU (dedicated R7 M440) and just forget the other one as you might have difficulties getting them to run side-by-side without HP's support. Try disabling the upper one and see what happens.

(right click - disable devive) If you can do it from BIOS (Unlikely with brand computers), better yet, do it there.

I think the major issue is, this kind of dual setup requires very special drivers and if HP doesn't offer them, you are almost certainly out of luck.

While I can't be 100% sure, I believe your options are 1) whatever HP offers 2) maybe... maybe... you can disable the slow one and get decent performance from the faster, dedicated GPU alone.

When in doubt, you can contact HP, but I doubt it'll change anything. If you do and it does, please let us know!

0 Likes

disabling the r5 graphics causes the laptop to be really laggy so i think i will try the other options.

0 Likes

Dedicated GPU alone should not be super laggy. Sounds like integrated one is somehow dragging along.

elstaci said this "NOTE: In laptops you need to install the AMD Driver for your IGPU which will automatically install both the IGPU and DGPU (if it is a AMD DGPU) drivers."

Definitely try. If HP doesn't offer it, I'm sceptical, but would definitely try! Also tell us if it works! 

0 Likes

okay

0 Likes

With laptop APU's you do not update the graphics drivers...you update the APU which includes drivers for both integrated and discrete graphics. It is the only diver you install.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a10-series-apu-for-laptops/7th-gen-a10-...

If you use AMD Laptop drivers, it will most of the time, show a different DGPU than the one you have installed in your laptop. But it will be the same type of GPU Family or series so the driver will be compatible.

You HP OEM AMD Driver should show the correct DGPU you have installed in your laptop. If it doesn't I suggest you go to HP Support and find out exactly what DGPU you have in your laptop. Since there probably are several different models of the laptop with various DGPUs in them.

I would run GPU-Z and see what it shows for your DGPU and to see if your HP OEM AMD Driver is properly installed.

NOTE: In laptops you need to install the AMD Driver for your IGPU which will automatically install both the IGPU and DGPU (if it is a AMD DGPU) drivers.

Also it is best to update your laptop's BIOS, CHIPSET, and AMD Drivers to the latest version. But first I would install the HP OEM AMD Driver since it will be 100% compatible.

When you use DDU make sure to delete the AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD which can corrupt your new AMD driver installation. This folder is created each time your run the AMD installer. So it is safe to delete the entire folder to save SSD/HDD space and to prevent corrupting any future AMD installation of drivers.

0 Likes

do i go to the hp website and find the latest bios and chipset drivers for my system or will the amd tool help with this? Because i already installed the hp amd drivers and they are working fine.

0 Likes

The AMD tool is only for AMD Drivers and not OEM AMD Drivers.

You need to go to HP Support and input your Laptop's Serial Number to get to the correct Driver Download page.

From there you can use the Automatic Driver updating feature of HP download page or manually download the drivers your need.

There is will be all the HP driver including BIOS and CHIPSET to download. Some CHIPSET driver are integrated with the Graphic driver package.  In case you don't see a specific CHIPSET driver in the download page.

NOTE: if the HP OEM Driver are working fine then I wouldn't mess anymore with the laptop unless you still need to update some out-dated drivers or you still are having problems.

Updating BIOS is good idea because it normally comes with fixes, better security, and makes the hardware more compatible. But it can also cause new issues to occur.

the reason I want to update it is because some of the drivers don't work with the newer games. The Amd version I'm running is from 2016 lol. Btw how do i use the DDU tool; do i use it then restart then install the amd driver or do i use the tool then install the amd driver?

0 Likes

Using the latest DDU version, it recommends running DDU  to restart your PC/Laptop into Window's Safe mode to delete all traces of the current AMD Driver.

But you can run DDU from the desktop but it will need to restart your computer to finish the process.

In DDU settings you can have it automatically delete the AMD Installation folder if you want. Also you will need to have the internet disconnected so that Windows won't install its own version after DDU uninstalls the current AMD driver.

NOTE: If HP OEM AMD Drivers are very out-dated then I would try AMD Laptop generic Graphic drivers to see if it fixes your game issues and the AMD driver works correctly in your laptop.

0 Likes

when I  install the new amd driver, should I do a full install or a driver install?

0 Likes

Yes that way you get all the features. But you might want to read carefully when installing to enable or disable any extra services that you may not want to install.

Normally these extra service shows up before you actually start the installation process. So you can decide if you want none or all to be installed.

Most just install the driver and later on if there are any extra services they don't like they can disable it in Radeon Settings.

0 Likes

so i pick the clean and restart option right?

0 Likes

If you are talking about DDU then yes. 

Also, check the settings in DDU....enable this one to prevent Microsoft from changing/installing a different driver.

Screenshot_1.png

I did that but now I am running into an issue where the apu driver from amd isn't installing correctly 

0 Likes

I am getting a Kernel mode heap corruption 

0 Likes
Mirk125
Adept I

So I finally found a solution to the problem. After uninstalling the originally drivers, when the pc was restarting I went into bios and enable legacy boot. After that I was able to install the last known legacy drivers and didn't run into any restart issues. Thanks for all the help you guys.

Hey good troubleshooting.

I find it incredible that you needed to put BIOS in CSM Mode (Legacy Mode) for your AMD Driver to install and work. As far as I am aware, AMD driver should work no matter which mode BIOS is in, CSM (Legacy) or UEFI Mode.

That is why I never mentioned about changing BIOS mode, especially if you are running Windows 11. But I don't recall you ever mentioned which Windows version you had installed in your laptop.

Anyways, Glad you finally got your fix in and posted it here for other Users with similar problems.

Have to say thought never crossed my mind as I dinf it strange HP released a computer with BIOS settings which have to be changed to get it working after reinstall.

Interesting thing to encounter and learn

mislinana4
Journeyman III

I did that but now I am running into an issue where the APU driver from AMD isn't installing correctly. I'm not sure what the problem is, but it's preventing me from using my computer correctly.

khan
0 Likes