cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

MrPickle
Journeyman III

Freesync Causing Display Crash

This issue is weird, and I've been dealing with it for what feels like forever (Past 6 months+).

My Monitor is:  VX3515-2KPC-HD-W

My GPU: RX6800XT

Adaptive Sync from ViewSonic

Issue: Whole Display turns on and off like a flicker except it's the whole thing. It isn't losing power, but the OSD does not display. The backlight is lit. I can fix it by going CTRL+ALT+DEL then a cycle later the screen will appear with its blue background Issue resolved until I "a flashbang" of white light appears next time I display a white image on full screen (It happens on boot then sorts itself out but always happens again when a white webpage for example will appear in full screen smaller sized windows is fine). Win+CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+B does nothing.

It used to just sort itself out after ten minutes but now it's happening more and more. I don't believe it's a monitor issue because it used to work fine.

I even dual boot Windows 10 and 11 now to troubleshoot on both platforms. I've re-formatted and installed windows 10 and 11. I've DDu'd to older drivers. To date I have found 2 temporary fixes. Turn Adaptive Sync off in my OSD or Turn the display down to 60hz in windows with Adaptive Sync enabled. I even adjusted brightness settings in OSD. Tried underclocking to custom Framerates in AMD Software Adrenaline Addition. The likely hood that it's my hardware is low since the issue can sort itself out today, I figured out turning off Adaptive Sync in my OSD also fixes it but then I don't get FreeSync.

I'm going out of my mind on this software issue.

Any help would be appreciated with Adaptive Sync off and Enhanced Sync on at 100hz it still isn't nearly as smooth.

0 Likes
0 Replies