cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Hezok
Journeyman III

very Strange: Games are running on Steam super fine BUT Non steam Games poor

Hi there, i have a strange problem. about 2 weeks ago my PC started to run NON steam Games very poor. Steam Games are running fine. it is not the Driver update because it worked fine for 2 weeks after the january Adrenalin Update.
First of all here are the Specs:
AMD ryzen 7 5800 x3D
ASUS Tuf Gaming RX 6800 XT
Asrock B550M Steel Legend
4 x 8 GB G-Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 MHZ
NVME Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB

What i have done until now to Troubleshoot:
Reinstalled Windows completely new, all SSDs erased before.
Bios Update
GPU Driver Update
Amd Chipset update
Windows Settings are all on High performance and all the other Things i could find on internet.
NVME SSd with SSD Test Program tested, all works good.
XMP Profile for Ram is Set and works.
Monitor is set to refresh rate that it can max take 100 Hz
Windows set to max FPS
Undervoltet the GOu and Processor , in NON Steam games performance is still poor, in Steam Games its even better then before undervolting and so on.
For example: Hogwarts Legacy is running on Steam with 130 + FPS in max Settings in 1440p and Raytracing on.
World of warcraft is running on max settings in 50 FPS and Iracing is running on max settings 35 FPS. had before the Issue in WoW 200+ FPS and Iracing 110 FPS
The Glue on the thing is, that only the Games in Steam running super fine, so it could not be the Graphics Card or other Things defekt ?

I was running CPU ang GPU benchmarks with 3DMark. in CPU benchmark the Temperatures are OK and it reached 5000 Points , which is over the Average of Community. In GPU Benchmark Time Spy the Temps are also good, and it reached over 18000+ Points which is 1000 Points over the Average.
I tried all in Oc & UV Mode and not OC UV mode. the issue is still where. Tried free sync on off , v sync on off lots of other ingame settings and Driver Settings and nothing helped.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Hezok
Journeyman III

Hi , i got yesterday help in a german Forum. Unbelivable - it was a network connection problem ! The WLAN youldnt communicate in correct way with Game server / provider, thats why my fps dropped at half ! after i switched to LAN, i had 100 FPS instead of 35 . i never saw and heard that but it works

so for all guys that came here with this problem, here it is why 

0 Likes