cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

hardreset
Challenger

FPS counter with AFMF

Is there any external application that can show the number of FPS with AFMF enabled ?
I checked, for example, MSI Afterburner and CapFrameX and they do not show these additional generated fps.

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
0 Likes
3 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

• Users can check AFMF’s frame generation status using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™’s in-game overlay.
  • AFMF adds frame generation technology to boost FPS outside the game’s engine. Users can use AMD Software Performance Metrics Overlay to see the resulting FPS.
    • Support for third-party performance monitoring tools is not available at this moment.

https://www.amd.com/en/resources/support-articles/release-notes/RN-RAD-WIN-24-1-1.html

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
hardreset
Challenger

It's been a while since the introduction of AFMF and still there is no program that can show it.

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
0 Likes
FunkZ
Exemplar

Because they're not generated by the game, they're inserted at the driver level outside of the game. Some have referred to this as "fake frames" or you could simply consider it a smoothing effect in the transition between frames. Regardless, despite how AMD spins this you are not increasing the actual game FPS, thus there is nothing for a 3rd party program to "show".

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes