cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ZEIIVG
Journeyman III

driver update firepro w5100

Hello! Is there any hope that the drivers for the firepro w5100 graphics card will still be updated?

0 Likes
3 Replies

If the W5100 FirePro GPU card is considered to be Legacy than there will be no more driver updates.

But looking at AMD Download page the last driver is from 07/2021 but doesn't mention that the GPU card is in Legacy status.

EDIT: Seems like at AMD Download page it doesn't indicate if a Professional GPU card is considered to be Legacy like in Consumer GPU cards.

In Consumer GPU download page it mentions in large letters that the GPU card is considered to be Legacy or Non-Supported with driver updates anymore.

I went to a FirePro "S" GPU card and found that the last drivers were for Windows 8 but no mention of being in Legacy status.

I looked at another AMD old GPU Pro card and the last driver listed is from 2015 so that must indicate that GPU card is in legacy status even though it doesn't mention it.

So it is a good chance that your W5100 is considered to be Legacy since there are no more driver updates since 2021.

@fsadough is the Moderator that can tell you if your GPU card is in legacy status or not.

I am just going from what I am seeing at AMD Download page.

0 Likes

FirePro W-Series are EOL'ed and hence no further driver support after certain period passed by EOL date. There will be no further driver development for FirePro W-Series.

Why doesn't AMD indicate the Legacy status of Professional GPU cards on the AMD Download page like they do for the Consumer GPUs?

0 Likes