cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dete-kreten
Journeyman III

My graphics card RX580 turns off (black screen, no signal) when I turn the table lamp on or off

Until recently I didn't even know why my graphics card lost its signal. I accidentally saw that when I turn on the table lamp, the graphic loses its signal. The table lamp normally has a neon bulb and its own power supply. Of course, it happens that the signal is lost even when I do not turn off or turn on the lamp. But the signal is always lost when I turn on the lamp ??? It's a low-power 11 watt lamp and it's just amazing to me that the card could be affected by some current induction. If induction exists at all and if it causes a problem. Certainly, it is very frustrating what is happening. to note that the computer continues to work, a tone is heard, I can even turn it off normally using a keyboard.

Win10 pro
i5-7400 - 3ghz
16GB DDR

0 Likes
1 Reply
jhonmarton
Journeyman III

It sounds like there may be some interference between your graphics card and your table lamp. This could be due to the fact that the lamp is a bespoke or custom-made lamp, which may have different electrical characteristics than a standard lamp. It's also possible that the lamp is causing some sort of electrical disturbance that is affecting the operation of your graphics card.

There are a few things you can try to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Make sure that all of your hardware is properly grounded. This includes your computer, the graphics card, and the lamp.

2. Try moving the lamp to a different location in the room. If the issue persists, it may be related to the lamp itself rather than its location.

3. Check to see if there are any updates available for your graphics card drivers. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause issues like this.

4. If the problem persists, it may be worth considering replacing the lamp or trying a different power source for it.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

0 Likes