cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

IvoryTaurean
Adept I

Brand new RX 6700 XT not working

Hello, I just purchased an Rx 6700 XT last week and just finished building my PC. everything is working, RGB fans, motherboard, and HDD drives are spinning, and everything is getting power. But the GPU doesn't seem to be getting power. tried a different PSU and the same thing everything is powering on but the GPU doesn't seem to be getting power. when I connect my monitor to the GPU I currently keep getting the message "No HDMI signal detected" tried 3 different HDMI cables and no change. here are my specs:

motherboard: MSI Pro B650M-P 

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT

PSU: Apevia Galaxy 1000 W

RAM: Triforce Vulcan DDR5 16GBx2

HDD: 2 Seagate HDD drives 2GB and 4GB Respectively

1 Samsung 870 EVO SSD 

Unfortunately, I am not able to test the GPU on another computer. But any insight into this would greatly be appreciated

0 Likes
1 Solution
IvoryTaurean
Adept I

thanks for the assist. what I did that seemed to take care of it was that I put the 2 HDDs on a separate SATA power cable from the SSD and since my PSU is semi-modular used 2 of the SATA power ports. I also did reset the CMOS as you suggested and both of those things together took care of it.  Too many things drawing too much power on  1 cable I assume? didn't think that would be an issue with a 1000W PSU

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies

Try disconnect sata hard drives and reset cmos and reboot see what happens.

0 Likes
IvoryTaurean
Adept I

thanks for the assist. what I did that seemed to take care of it was that I put the 2 HDDs on a separate SATA power cable from the SSD and since my PSU is semi-modular used 2 of the SATA power ports. I also did reset the CMOS as you suggested and both of those things together took care of it.  Too many things drawing too much power on  1 cable I assume? didn't think that would be an issue with a 1000W PSU

0 Likes