cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

steveng8412
Journeyman III

Blurry textures after fresh Windows install

Recently built a new PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600 Mobo: B450 Aorus M Ram: 32 GB 3600 mhz

I built my new PC a couple weeks ago, had some issues with drivers but was able to get everything working great over the last week. On Friday I decided to do a fresh Windows install to my SSD, it's been on my HHD forever because I was afraid of messing something up. The install went great, minimal issues. Installed drivers and checked settings, everything looked good. Loaded up PUBG and fixed my settings and everything but the picture still looked blurry past 10-15 meters. I googled multiple AMD/PUBG setting recommendations but haven't been able to get the picture as sharp as it was before the Windows install. My AMD settings are below, I'm thinking it's something with the anti-aliasing but none of the setting combinations I've tried have worked. In game is set to medium, going higher makes it worse and going lower makes most textures weirdly bright and jagged looking. Is there a Window setting I might be missing? Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

steveng8412_0-1666567316586.png

steveng8412_1-1666567339007.png

0 Likes
14 Replies
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

In game is set to medium, going higher makes it worse and going lower makes most textures weirdly bright and jagged looking

Brave man going 100% Radeon sharpness and complaining that in game all is too jagged. 50-80% is usually more than enough even with TAA (Anti-Aliasing type). Anti-aliasing smoothens edges, soo... Reduce it

0 Likes

I'm new to AMD, was Nvidia for 20 years and never really had to mess with settings. Are you saying to just lower the Radeon sharpness? Or lower sharpness and in game AA?

0 Likes

Lower sharpness and in game AA. 
100% is bit too much. Well for me at least. 

Nvidia also implemented sharpness slider recently, aren't they? Or does it only work with DLSS or GeForce Experience driver based upscaling? AMD sharpness slider is literally only thing that make me bear TAA anti-aliasing, though. 

0 Likes

This is with AA medium, sharpness 60%. Can hardly tell there is a guy by those barrels.

steveng8412_1-1666569955350.png

This is AA very low, sharpness 60%. Very jagged.

steveng8412_2-1666570026415.png

0 Likes

Hmm... You can try downscale stuff from higher resolution to reduce jagged edges, but it is very specific.
You can also try completely turning off sharpness (or dial it way down to 10%) and reduce AA (or even  maybe even more if needed, It seems that there is no innate blurring from PUBG innate AA, so sharpness is overdoing stuff.

0 Likes

Ended up getting very irritated after 6-7 hours of messing with settings and looking for solutions so I put my Geforce 1070 back in. Even this card that had a great image before is showing some blurriness, slightly less than the 6600. I've tried dozens of settings combinations and nothing seems to work.. I can't think of anything besides some Windows setting that I haven't found. Both cards were working great before I did the fresh install.

0 Likes

Hi, have you ever found a solution for the problem?

0 Likes

Have you solved the problem?

0 Likes
cng
Journeyman III

are you joking??? why the hell you set texture filtering quality to performance and then asking why its blurry?

0 Likes

I don't think it should be as drastic, isn't it? AMD optimized already often restricts texture filter rate to an extent...

Tbh, didn't ever actually tried to toggle it myself, as i had no need, so never saw if impact is noticeable. For Nvidia GPU's it doesn't matter that much iirc? Does he really needed to gain fractions of percent of performance that badly, though?

0 Likes

well, i tested it many years ago when it was quite new feature, i had X1650XT or maybe even earlier with 9600PRO and impact on texture quality was noticeable...rn i testes it on 6800XT in CS2 and MafiaDE and cant see any difference...anyway it seems to me pretty dumb to complain about texture quality with having one of texture option set to "low quality"

0 Likes

Unfortunately, I have exactly the same problem and it is not due to the NVIDIA or AMD settings, they are all in the standard settings, just like before my new Windows installation. It's the exact same PC with the exact same hardware. I also just reinstalled Windows and have not been able to solve the problem for two weeks now. Perhaps the author will get back to me if he has solved the problem. Or maybe someone else can help? So far we have not been able to find a solution to this problem anywhere else on the Internet.

0 Likes

well if its doing only in pubg i dont understand why he writes it here but not their support forum

0 Likes

It is not only PUBG, i have the same problem and it is in every game. I installed 6 different games the last two weeks and in every game it is the exact same problem. 

0 Likes