cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Sniper
Journeyman III

Blurry, Grainy graphics in some games

I've run into the problem that in some games the graphics look blurry and grainy (Eg: Baldur's Gate 3, Remnant 2) Mostly the character details are very much affected by this problem (Eg: Hair, Beard is very blurry and looks bad)
Also there are games where the whole picture looks very grainy and disgusting. I tried experimenting with Radeon Image Sharpening, turning it on and off, adjusting how many % it should be, but it didn't solve the problem. I have no more guesses as to what could be causing this problem.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600
GPU: RX 6650 XT

0 Likes
8 Replies
crystalyser
Adept III

do you already tried to change (or disable) AA?
I got the best results with 60-70% sharpening, AA=off (ingame), AF=8-16 (ingame), motion blur=off)

Ryzen7 5800X 4,95ghz; LLC3; 420mm Liquid Freezer2; Corsair RGB Pro SL 32gb/2 - 3600mhz CL18; Sapphire RX6800 Pulse OC; Asus XG27AQ 165Hz; MSI X570 Gaming Plus PPT:137W EDC:135A TDC:95A; BeQuiet! PP 730W
0 Likes

You mean the TAA?

0 Likes

AA is TAA (Anti-aliasing) - This just softens the image reducing the jagged edges.

When it comes to Blurred image and grainy 2 things are mainly accounted for.

1. Anisotropic filtering - If this is low, you'll often see lots of pixilation (grainy) looking artefacts in the image at angles. I had monster issues with the PS5 version of Cyberpunk after the last big update. Looked terrible. On the PC with this set to 16 you should eradicate most of this.

2. Motion Blur will make the game look nasty blurred. Turn off. Also, use your Radeon Performance Overlay to view your GPU input lag and frame rate. If the input lag is high then is doesn't help the presentation. Check any other setting that may hinder overall view.

0 Likes

Anistropic filtering is at maximum and motion blur is turned off. Maybe this problem is AMD GPU related... When I had NVIDIA GPU, I never had problems like this.

0 Likes
Markj
Journeyman III

Interesting to read, I've the same setup (Ryzen 5 5600/RX 6650XT) and experience the same issue since a few days. It increases the moment images refreshed.

0 Likes

Interesting...

Soon I'm gonna switch back to nvidia, so I will be able to tell you if the problem persists or not.

0 Likes

Hey sorry to awake thisbolder thread but I have this blurry, grainy, low quality textures issue regardless of game settings. Did the issue get resolved for you?

0 Likes
Losly
Journeyman III

Hi, you need to force Anisotropic Filter to x16 in your AMD software (not in the game).

Gaming -> Graphics -> Advanced -> switch Anisotropic Filtering to Enabled + set Filtering Level to x16

0 Likes