Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Arrow123
Adept I

RX 7900 GRE problems

Hi. 

I just bought for my self new RX 7900 gre cuz i give up on nvidia as a company and i wanted to try AMD gpu for the fist time.  Imake clean instal with DDU and everything run smooth game run hight fps all tho it was big jump over RTX 3070 for sure but something really is not right with this cart. I playing game at 1440p or 4K no problems great fps ultra quality but i noticed in AAA games mostly in single player games everything looks just bad i have no idea why all settings are on max everything should looks better and yett it wont. 

Perhaps in cyberpunk all max out native 1440p. ultra settings and alll looks good but somehow i think that game lloks weird but o just tought that im imagining things but nope i tryed turn on XE ss ultra quality and for some reason that things fix all game no longer llooks wash out no blurry just sharp and smooth. Like i have no idea how can game looks better in upscaler from diffrent company than native and this is problem with other games Metro exodus enhaced edition great fps but game even laggs cuz RT is in game and game looks absolutly terrible on extreme settings **bleep** even mine RTX 3070 have problems run that game with full RT but **bleep** doesbetter job at just basic raster look it should be opposite cuz this gpu is great but in any game i turn on i run max settings and game looks terrible I wanted to finish Atomic heart guess what game loooks soo bad i never see moders game looks soo bad I tryed 1080p 1440p 4k nothing helps game run abowe 240 fps or 144 locked no problem MAX grafical settings and objects and wather loook pixelated i hate this and i cant fix it at all. The online game loooks good and run great but single player game runs ungly as hell i expecting something more from AMD cuz all i know use AMD gpu and they are quite happy with them and i buy this gpu only cuz im interested in pure raster performance and nothing else but soo far i dont knowgame looks soo bad. Maybe i put back my rtx 3070 if i dont fix it so if you have any idea what there might be issue i would like to know. 

0 Likes
6 Replies
Okaret
Journeyman III

Hi, from your description you might have Radeon Super Resolution turned on by default or Radeon Image Sharpening, either cases you should be able to turn it of in Amd Adrenaline Software, in the Games tab.

0 Likes

Thx for reply no both are off i look at it but problem is mutch worse than before now every time i open game it crash when  i joining game specificly in Helldivers game crash right after i dive from ship and than driver time out. Really i have no idea what to do i drop quite mutch money on cart and its second day and nothing is fixed games run smooth but cart keep crashing. I dit clean windows instal and new DDU fresh everything but nothing happend same issue i tryed everything spart acces memory off or on i tryed undervolt, overclocked separated or even custom on still no help i have no idea if this issue was be couse by over clocking i get it that can happend but **bleep** right after i got the cart and start play on it the cart was stock out of box with lastest driver and even than it crashed. Im soo sad you cant even imagine i saving on cart and than im buy iit and **bleep** crash after crash no help anndddddd ahhhhhhhh i try it everything at this point i dont know today is it 3th day i get cart and so far i was treated with bugs, instability issues, bad grafics and non stop driver time out. And my specs are not worst, i got tuf gaming X570 plus mobo, ryuen 9 3900x , 32gb ram 3600mhz dual channel, only M.2ssd gen 4, brand new 850watt power suppply 80plus gold seasonic focus and before i got rtx 3070 and now this 7900gre  **bleep** i hoped this would be solid upgrade over greedia but i dont know now. Worse think is that this cart run perfect smooth 55 deg celsius in games just perfect but crash each and evrytime, if anyone know fix to this pls help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
hardreset
Challenger

I too switched from RTX3060Ti to RX7900GRU and all games look just as good on high on the same settings, and they run much smoother on RX7900GRU. Have you installed the latest version of Adrenaline ?

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
0 Likes

Yes all up to date driver version is 24.5.1. Big problems crashing every game i have no idea what im going to do cart is brand new this cant hapening. I know greedia have everything overpriced but this never ever happend to me before on my RTX 3070 cart. Im sooo sad i cant even think of anything else this is my 3th day with this new cart and soo far terrible experience im sorry  but i cant go like this i think i return it back and take my money back insted or maybe pay more for less and take 4070 super if this problem continue but i dont want nvidia i wanted this cart cuz is mutch better but damnnnnnnnnnn im not AMD guy all this time i have nvidia gpus and have no problems like this.

0 Likes
hardreset
Challenger

Mayby try this, and instal drivers again.

https://www.amd.com/en/resources/support-articles/faqs/GPU-601.html

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
0 Likes
Arrow123
Adept I

Hi. 

I dont fix problém i returned my gpu in waranty and také samé model of rx 7900gre from gigabyte and this actually solved all my probléms no crashes perfect performance and over all good stuff driver 24.5.1 working good so far nôt a single crash. I must háve faulty unit of cart that can happend as well. Still a little low fps in helldivers 2 but that game need some more optimalization hope fully we will see another driver update and some more optimalization for helldivers 2. Over all games run smooth and good im eager to test out fsr 3.0 in ghost in TH. I wish all games support fsr 3.0 and higher plus i wisssssssshhhhhhh amd learn how to make good RT on their carts and than all things woukd bé great. But yeah gpu replacement under varanty fu my problém also this gpu unit i have now boosting crazy higher i thing i win with this model cuz háve mutch more boost than advertised on box.