cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

PedroCouto
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 5 pro 4650G - Crashes graphic softwares such as Photoshop, Ilustrator, Blender and so on

Can someone help me?

My friend helped me building my PC. It runs games such Valorant and Hades and have never crashed (yet), however, everytime I am using an image editing software or likewise, the software suddenly closes without a warning or message.

I was thinking it could an Adobe problem, however every other company software has the same issue, such as Blend and CLipPaint.

Should I contact warranty?

0 Likes
1 Reply
-Neb-
Journeyman III

I bought two of these computers last summer:

https://www.pccomponentes.com/pccom-startup-pro-amd-ryzen-5-4650g-16gb-1tbssd-windows-10-pro

They both have the same problem.

Whenever the computer switches to or from hardware acceleration, the HDMI signal disables/enables (so I get a black screen on the monitors for a few seconds), and whatever software I have open in the background crashes - VLC, Netflix app, Reaper (DAW), Chrome, Libre Office, etc. It seems to be that anything using 2D when it switches to 3D, crashes. And anything using 3D when it switches to 2D, crashes.

I've lost dozens of hours of work in the last year, just because I moused-over an animated gif, or absent-mindedly opened a YouTube tutorial. I've also spent dozens of hours, maybe even over a hundred hours, trying different fixes and solutions. But nothing has worked.

So my advice is to return anything in your machine that is AMD, and go Intel/NVidia instead. AMD make and sell worthless trash, and couldn't care less whether it works or not, or how their incompetence negatively impacts your life.

0 Likes