Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

KBA
Journeyman III

7900XTX temp & fan curve

hello everyone.

i have a question regarding some temps on my 7900XTX aswell as question about setting fan curve.

about temp:
been playing the new Horizon Forbidden West the last couple of days where my GPU utilization is anywhere between 90-100% often, i started monitoring temp just to be sure everything is as it should but i noticed my memory junction temp going very high i think.
i monitored everything using OCCT and this is how it looked after having run for around 2 hours gameplay.

Skærmbillede 2024-03-23 223415.png

so my GPU temp maxes out at around 67, but  memory junction sometimes hit 88 and even had it at 90 before...
is this okay temps considering it hits 100% usage? this is with standard fan curve and the card undervolt from 1150->1125 + max clock speed to 2525 instead of 3000 which Adrenalin automaticly sets itself.

now my question about custom fan curve:
i tried setting a custom fan curve in AMD Adrenalin but had some issues with it.
1. it seems like it doesn't care much about the temp - fan % settings and usually just runs at the highest fan speed set on the highest temp all the time.

2. i tried setting fan curve so up untill 50 degress it should not run, but what happens is in OCCT it will show the fans trying to run at 40.000 RPM? i can also hear a disturbing sound from the card/fan when this happens so i removed the custom curve immediately.

i tried setting it up to something like this:

Skærmbillede 2024-03-24 191339.png

i turned off the 0 RPM mode, because i read it does not work with a custom fan curve.
this is just something i put in quick in order to show what i tried to do, not the exact settings i wanted.
but is this just a matter of the curve system being terrible or could something else be wrong?

0 Likes
0 Replies