cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

iforgot11111995
Journeyman III

7900xt not boosting past 1600mhz in overwatch 2

i play overwatch 2 competitively on ladder and ive been having issues with input latency in game with a full amd system. Ive been able to mitigate a lot of this by doing a few things ill list them below.

i "locked" my clocks at 2300 min 2400 max clock

i disabled ulps in registry

and i set frame cap in game.

my card is only getting about 40% gpu utilization with my settings and im trying to position my frame cap where there is no cpu or gpu bottleneck the issue is that its hard to get my card to boost properly causing stutters since the load is so low and it leads to me getting a cpu bottleneck and is hard to find a sweet spot in game.

on the cpu side im running no idle on a 5800x3D with pbo set in bios to -25 offset on all cores, smt disabled, and all power saving disabled as well. my cpu temps are great in game and so are my gpu temps im cpu bottlenecked at around 400 fps in game.

if i lower my framecap below 400 i hardly get in 1400-1500mhz. 

how can i configure this card to run at max game clock im not looking to boost this card as when allowing it to boost in more demanding games it will go all the way to 2900mhz and become unstable so i set the upper ceiling at 2400mhz.

the behavior im hoping to achieve is having a desktop idle but in game max clock set.

what do the registry settings Point2Freq and Point3Freq do will this give me the control i need and what are the values associated with them?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Alptechexpert
Adept II

7900XT not boosting in Overwatch 2? Here's the fix:

Update Drivers: Newer drivers might have Overwatch 2 optimizations.
Increase Graphics Settings: Push the GPU harder to trigger higher boost clocks.
Undervolt (Optional): Reduce voltage for potentially higher clocks and lower power usage (research needed).
Adjust Manual Clock (Optional): Use a small offset above base clock for some boost headroom.
Avoid Point2Freq/3Freq: Risky registry edits, not recommended for beginners.
Focus on driver updates, in-game settings, and consider undervolting or adjusting manual clock for better performance.

0 Likes
iforgot11111995
Journeyman III

bumping thread this is literally my last hope before i sell this card for an nvidia gpu.

0 Likes
bluesadam
Elite

That's the expected behavior of the card. When GPU load is low, there is no need to boost to max clock so your clocks are low. Same behavior with my RX 7600 on Apex Legends. GPU runs at around 70% load (I am cpu bottlenecked) so the gpu can't hit max boost clock and hovers around 1500-2000 mhz.

You are overthinking a problem that isn't there.

0 Likes