Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Jameslc27
Journeyman III

7900xtx display crashing under load

Hello,

I have been having a lot of issues with my PC in the last month. I built it around November of 2023. The specs are:

i9 14900k

7900xtx

32gb ram

4tb m.2 ssd

1000watt power supply

I have no clue what is going on. I have been playing games fine for the last year and just started experiencing crashes about 2 months ago. It was pretty infrequent and in games that I don't play very often so I didn't think about it. Now my PC crashes whenever I play 7 Days to Die, Escape from Tarkov, Fallout, Terraria, and just about everything else. Every time it crashes I have to turn off the computer with the power button, reboot, delete the driver for my graphics card, and redownload it because it only displays on one of my three screens. Anytime the computer goes underload it crashes the display while the PC remains on. Audio from a YouTube video will still play and you can wait and the display will never turn on. It almost feels like the graphics card is overheating but it crashes when it hits 62c to 66c and from what I read those aren't horrible numbers for a GPU. My CPU is a whole different story I run my PC fans on 100% when the system is gaming. The PC regularly gets to the low to mid-90s. However, when I run a test in OCCT my computer only crashes when I do a GPU test. I can do a CPU test for 30 minutes without any issues. One or two minutes into the GPU test the system will crash and I have to repeat the process of redownloading drivers and such.

I would appreciate any help and honestly didn't think I would run into these major issues when I bought the hardware. I bought it to never crash again and be able to run any game at Ultra that I wanted. Makes me want to just throw my old PC on the table again because it was a lot less of a hassle. I am also in the process of getting Intel to try and tell me if it is a problem with the CPU with all the issues surrounding the 13th/14th-generation CPUs.

0 Likes
0 Replies