cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kavinqt
Journeyman III

7900 XT causing my entire PC to crash VERY OFTEN

Like the Title says my 7900 XT has been causing random entire PC crashes, My PC will not BSOD it will just freeze and unfreeze for 0.1 seconds and continue to freeze until I power down my PC manually via the power button on my case. This has happened on passed drivers I used, Currently on 23.4.1 (It did it on last driver as well) But today I started playing WoW Classic Wotlk like I always play and I can't stay on the game for over 10 minutes now without my entire PC crashing like it does as stated above. I don't know what could be causing this, My temps seem okay, My CPU temps are well beyond fine, Under 60c at load, and my GPU was hitting 68-73c while playing WOW. Hotspot of GPU did hit 90c tho. I just don't understand why its randomly crashing all the time now? I can't even play games anymore???? 

I've tried re-seating my GPU, Didn't help, I tried to make sure my power cables were plugged correctly on both PSU and GPU, Didn't help. I can only think of driver issue tbh. Do I revert to a driver from 40+ days ago??? If so can someone explain how to do so? DDU required? 

Honestly thinking about sending the Entire GPU back, I wanted to get away from Nvidia and get a GPU with more than 12gb's of VRAM but the issues this card has is insane.

0 Likes
5 Replies
t3chl0rd
Adept III

I am still getting these crashes too on my 6950xt, drivers 23.2.1 currently but have tried 22.11.1 and onward and had no problems with these 2 drivers until my Windows 10Pro updated to 22h2, and have done a clean install to Windows 11Pro 22h2 (new partition) and the problem persist, was completely stable with all my hardware, bios, xmp, PBO for months before all that. I honestly beleive its a problem more with Microsoft and windows and all drivers at this point. I have also troubleshooted attempting all things to try along with my own knowledge all test pass and have not found any solutions. It's like the graphics driver is recovering but staying in a non-recovered state.

EventLog_4-13-23.jpg

Ryzen 5900X PBO/OC, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite F37 bios, Arctic Freezer II 420 AIO, Fans: 3x140mm 2x120mm, 24 GB G.Skill DDR4-3600 18-20-20-40 1T, CM MWE V2 1050w, Gigabyte G32QC A 1440p, PowerColor RedDevil RX 6950XT OC.
0 Likes
zeblade
Adept I

I have a 7900xtx. Now when I first got it Windows 11 would like go so slow lock up like freeze. I ended up reinstalling and never had another problem. Now I will say I was using BETA builds of Win 11 and stopped lol.. just incase. A yeah if you think its the card send it back get something else if you like. Now my friend just got a 4090 and was getting blue screens so he bought a 1000w + PSU and never got another blue screen. I doubt yours is that problem

Let every breath be your first
0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

listing entire PC specs might others to better help you .. including make/model of PSU

Incidentally ..PC specs listed in sig .. not one crash for what it's worth. Point being, you might have a similar issue with an Nvidia GPU with comparable power draw .. then again, maybe you did get a bad GPU

Knowing your full PC specs will also help us ask relevant questions questions/things to try for your setup 

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
zeblade
Adept I

Well for me everything was working great but out of no where the drivers crash in Cyberpunk just changing the graphic settings. Nothing else just the AMD drivers.  This is what happened when I first got it  and windows 11 would run slow then just stop so I reinstalled Windows.. and VR Not working great. Oh then out of no where the Junc temp which only hit at max some times 82 now 101. No screws are loose nothing changed.. not worth it. Sending it back ordered 4090. I SO wanted to keep this card so bad.  But when you can get the same problems in other working Windows.. card or drivers.  Oh not a PSU 

Let every breath be your first
0 Likes
TheDadCasual
Journeyman III

I've been experiencing the exact same thing for a over a month now.  I'm about to return the 7900XT and get a 4080. I've been team red for over 11 years now, but this is getting out of hand. Surprisingly, the only game that does not crash, is Star Citizen.

Ryzen 9 5900x/RM 1000 Corsair PSU/64GB of RAM Corsair Vengeance/B550 MSI MOBO/Windows 11 64Bit

0 Likes