cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Gi-Force
Adept I

Asus Radeon RX 6600 XT ROG-STRIX-RX6600XT-O8G-GAMING let Doom Eternal crash ?

On my pc with ASUS TUF X470-Plus Gaming AM4 mobo in default settings (I'm not a tweaker),

32 GB RAM (2 modules of Crucial CT16G4DFD824A),

AMD Ryzen 5 1500X 3500 Mhz,

Windows 10 Pro (x64) 10.0.19045 (22H2).

Adrenalin Edition 23.4.1 evrything default and shortkeys off

Steam: Enable the Steam Overlay while in game....disabled

Steam: Use the Big Picture Overlay when using a Steam input......disabled

Steam: Use Desktop Game Theatre when launching desktop games ..... disabled

Steam: Doom files verified

Disabled anti-virus

Doom Eternal (in default settings) never crashed with my MSI Graphics Card Radeon RX 580 Armor 8G OC

And then I changed my graphic card with a  Asus Radeon RX 6600 XT ROG-STRIX-RX6600XT-O8G-GAMING card. Now it crashes every time (most times after about 1 hour playing).

I had a RDR2 "water pixel" issue, but that's fixed. And no problems with other games for now.

Doom Eternal is too good not to play anymore. Who got some idea's?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Gi-Force
Adept I

It seems I can't edit my own thread. So I do this by reply....I have checked all the drivers and bios from my mobo: everything is up-to-date. It really crashes every time. I configure my own pc's and servers for more than 30-years now. And a very long time (more than 20?) I supported AMD against a possible monopoly of Intel, but this is crazy. And no support of AMD. From now on I will buy my stuff on base of performance/costs. I'm not loyal anymore.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Gi-Force
Adept I

It seems I can't edit my own thread. So I do this by reply....I have checked all the drivers and bios from my mobo: everything is up-to-date. It really crashes every time. I configure my own pc's and servers for more than 30-years now. And a very long time (more than 20?) I supported AMD against a possible monopoly of Intel, but this is crazy. And no support of AMD. From now on I will buy my stuff on base of performance/costs. I'm not loyal anymore.

0 Likes