Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

tiagoadriao
Adept I

6800XT with some wierd flickering / glitching

Hello all!

I'm tired of scorching the web about this and I cannot find any solution or anyone with this issue.

TL;DR: I've started to notice some weird flickering on my screen when someone is screen sharing on Teams when there are some shadow around windows or when a window uses some kind of glass effect.

I'll try to give as much as details I can do:

It also happens when I'm getting a Parsec streaming of my work laptop and I overlay something above it.

If I record it via ShareX the recording has no issue.

I thought it was something with my Windows 11 installation so I've reinstalled it completely.

I've DDU the drivers but nothing seems to change.

I've tested different monitors and cables (DisplayPort 1.2, 1.4 and HDMI 2.0) but the issue started with my main monitor (Gigabyte G34WQC) and my ASUS TUF Gaming 6800XT. This is been happening for a long time and I've kept updating the AMD Drivers (version 23.4.2 atm).

I've started to think it is some hardware issue when I've returned to a Hackintosh installation that I had and noticed that this issue also happens there too, so it's not a OS issue related.

Today, I've tried to narrow it down and tested it with another monitor (Philips 241E) and the same happens over HDMI.

I've tried all 3 DisplayPorts on GPU and HDMI on the Gigabyte monitor and I've tried with different HDMI cables on this Philips (only has HDMI and VGA inputs) but they had the same result.

I'm starting to think it is something with my GPU which still has 4 remaining months of warranty.

If I connect the second monitor the issue seems to stop but when I disconnect the second monitor, the issue returns.

Does someone had some issue like this?

0 Likes
0 Replies