cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

If I disable DXNavi for DX9, my games don’t launch. How can I fix this?

I’m using a registry edit to disable DXNavi for DX9 since im getting bad shader cache stuttering in games from 15-18 years ago that should be silky smooth like Half-Life 2, Darksiders, Portal, Portal 2, BioShock Infinite, and Arkham Origins. I also used a registry edit to turn the shader cache on, but that didn’t help in these games, at least. I suppose some instability is expected if I’m using registry edits to change my driver behavior, but are other people able to disable DXNavi for DX9 without any issues or am I just doing something wrong?

I know that DXNavi improves FPS, but it apparently causes more shader cache stuttering. I don’t really care about FPS in games that are that old since they’re consistently above 140 FPS anyway… except during shader cache stuttering moments. That’s why I’d rather disable DXNavi. I thought something was just wrong with my system, but my new game benchmarks match other people’s game benchmarks; I’m actually having more issues in old games than new games which seems bizarre.

I tried DXVK in Portal 2 and Darksiders, and this actually made the stuttering worse. Are there any other fixes I can implement? I’ve tried everything I can find, but nothing is working. Well, am I doing something wrong with the DXNavi thing anyway? Should it be working?

0 Replies