cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

why is JIVE so strict with AMD Links

I realize that Jive is very important as far as security of AMD Forums besides everything else it does. I also understand why Jive would tag a Link for a moderator to approve before going live. To prevent Virus and Malware or inappropriate content from infecting or being published at AMD Forums.

But why tag Links from Official AMD websites. If I insert a Link from anywhere in AMD.com except, at times, from AMD Forums where I am replying, Jive automatically tags it for approval from a Moderator. This can be frustrating. Sometimes before my post is approved, someone else would have a similar or identical reply making my Post useless or repetitive. Many times I just end up deleting my Post since it becomes irrelevant.

Is there anyways JIVE can be programmed not to tag links from official AMD websites or would this be too great of a security risk ? I remember that JIVE wasn't so strict in the past as compared to now.

0 Likes
1 Reply

The mods had to set it up that way because there was a bad rash of Chinese spambots posting a couple dozen threads at a time. They're pretty good at getting legit ones approved quickly, though you can display the bare URL and unlink it for an instant post.