cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

VivianaBat
Journeyman III

Upgraded to 6600XT and now on VR chat the headset crashes after 30 minutes (only the headset)

I recently upgraded my ancient 960 to a 6600XT, but now when playing VR chat the headsets screen will randomly freeze after around 20-30 minutes regardless of where I am and who is around me, it's happened when I'm alone. 

I installed the drivers using DDU so my old ones arent an issue and I have the latest ones, I've changed VR chats settings to the absolute minimum and it still happens, I had my performance logs running at the time, I cant read the log itself but the screen showed nothing out of the normal. 

Does anyone have any idea?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Key-J
Paragon

So just to confirm the only change that has happened lately is the GPU?

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
0 Likes

Yes, everything else was upgraded back in September.

0 Likes

Again, just a question to find the lowest common denominator.

Is it only with vr chat or do you crash with other VR game?

Also here is an article that might help

https://help.vrchat.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500002247921-I-crashed-can-t-launch-VRChat-other-issues

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
0 Likes

It seems to be any vr game, if I'm just using it for browsing the Web etc it's fine, but if I'm in a game or even steam home or vive origin it will do it. 

0 Likes