cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

ogyellow
Journeyman III

Updated windows, Cant use full resolution

Just updated to Windows 10 (64bit) Version 1709 from Version 1511 and I cant use my monitors max 1080x1920 resolution anymore. I've downgraded back to the 1511 version since the resolution works on that update, but keep getting forced back onto this one. I've checked all drivers and it says everything is up to date, I've even tried making a custom resolution but it just disconnects my monitor and I have to restart to get it back.

I'm using:
AMD Radeon R7 370 series

Desktop/Windows 10 64bit

Radeon Software Adrenaline edition 17.12.1

Lenovo Ll2223swA, 1080x1920 res (can only run at 1600x1200 now??) @60Hz

AMD FX 8350 Eight-Core Processor

32GB of Ram

My roommate says it might be because I use VGA (just throwing in for extra opinion), still not sure if this is a Windows thing or if there's something I'm missing within my Radeon settings

0 Likes
4 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

VGA is not natively support on the GPU, so this is likely the reason. Something in the new Windows Update doesn't like your adapter.

Alright good to know, thank for the help!

lawyersonia
Journeyman III

Corrupted or incompatible display drivers usually result in inaccessible screen resolution settings. The display drivers need to be updated or reinstalled to resolve this issue.
0 Likes
petergroft29
Journeyman III

If you want to install the update now, select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. If updates are available, install them.

Regards,

Peter

0 Likes