cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

burakkyazici
Journeyman III

AMD RX6800 Graphic Card Crashing Lumion

When I selecting a material in Lumion 11 the program is crashing.I have done all the updates. My program is the original version. What should I do?,

Pc: 

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

RX6800 Graphic Card

Asus TUF B550 Motherboard

32 GB RAM

750 Watt Psu

512 gb M2 Ssd

44 Replies
konignerd
Journeyman III

Did you figure something out ? Same here with Lumion10. Every time I load 3d Grass it crashes.

Merc 6800xt

I7 10700k

64Gb DDR4 3600

1000w PSU

Z490 Strix 

Shule
Adept II

Any update on this topic??  I am having same problems with 3D grass, whole PC freezes  and I have to reset PC! 

WE need update for this topic! And fast!

Pc: 

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

RX6800 Graphic Card

As Rock x570 Phantom Gaming 4

32 GB RAM

850 Watt Psu

1tb nvme Ssd

Tags:

Update- Lumion 11 same problems. 

Changed configuration and upgraded PC, still no improvement.

3D grass and high quality tree models make same driver timeout.

Tested rendering time on simple animation and compared in same case with RTX 3070. Nvidia performed up to 20% faster which is bad result for RX at this moment. I hope that driver optimization could make some difference.

MOBO : Asus x570 TUF Gaming Plus

GPU: Gigabyte RX 6800  Gaming OC 16gb

CPU : Ryzen 3900 x

Mem: 64GB Kingston HyperX Fury 3200Mhz 

Psu: Corsair RM 850 x

0 Likes

I have the same problem as You. Radeon 6800XT Gaming OC 16gb. Lumion 11 Trial.

I apply 3D grass texture to various planes and after a while the program crashes. Not instantly but it needs some time to break.
And it always pops-up a message about "a driver has timed out on the user's system"

At Lumion Support they claim that they tested 3D grass on Radeon 6800XT and it works fine.

Could you share that link from lumion support?

0 Likes

I can share You some photos from that conversation with tech-support. What about You? Have You had any answer from AMD? Because it's f*****g sad that one of the most capacle cards on the market can't handle a grass shader-_-

no. 1no. 1no. 2no. 2no. 3no. 3no. 4no. 4no.5no.5no. 6no. 6

One more thing.

When I prepare everything in Lumion scene to render, and then right before clicking "render" I apply 3d grass, and start rendering right away - Lumion works.... I tried it on photos and animations.

3d grass crashes Lumion only in preview window.

Hello Lukas,

thanks for answering. 

We need to put this post on top so they can see it. 

Seeing your pictures i went for rolling back driver and whole software and checking it again in

LUMION 10.3.2

LUMION 10.5.0

and Trial LUMION 11

Nothing new. Same driver timeout. 

My work is being crippled because of this, and i am slowly regretting giving this card a chance after RTX 2070.

0 Likes

Could it be manufacturer error? I got Gigabyte RX 6800 gaming oc, i know that might sound stupid, but don't have any more ideas.

0 Likes

I don't think so. The problem is driver.

My work is stalled because of this I hope we get some answer any time soon.

I would like to see if there is someone with AMD GPU 6000 series  that works like it is said in reply from Lumion tech. support so they could share some info with us. 

Is there any idea when is new driver coming out?

0 Likes

UPDATE !

NEW driver solved the problem in LUMION 11.0.9 and new LUMION 11.3.0

NO driver timeouts, NO Problems with 3D grass, Fur mateial and no No probs with fine detail nature.

No idea is it lumion tehcs or AMD who solved the problem but both deserve thumb UP for this!

0 Likes

Works for me! Looks like there is no more issues... 

Thanks AMD !

I’m still having no luck here. Driver update done and as soon as I add 3D grass, the graphics card (6800) crashes and Lumion with it. 

Anyone else still having issues?

0 Likes

0 Likes

have you tried Lumion 11.0.9 or trial 11.3.0. I think  you won't get anything from using older version since it is probably fixed in updated one.

0 Likes

Apologies yes it’s 11.3 not 11.0.3. It’s also the pro version, fully licensed (which makes this all the more frustrating!).

0 Likes

Well this must sound stupid or overused, but have you tried DDU and clean install when you installed new drivers?

When i got latest drivers, i first tried version 10.5.0 and those didn't work.

Ten when i installed Lumion 11.3.0 trial version i realized everything works.

So maybe a Lumion reinstall could do the job. 

Maybe do both, first remove Lumion, then DDU drivers, and go with drivers and after that Lumion.

Just keep everything you do in some order so you could sort out problem easily.

0 Likes

I’ve tried both of these just now and to no avail. Crashes as soon as I place 3D grass material. 

This issue doesn’t appear to be fixed whatsoever for me, which is a huge, huge problem for my work. 

0 Likes

You get  DRIVER TIMEOUT error?

0 Likes

Yep, it hangs for about 2 minutes then driver times out and the software closes. 

I’m using the Radeon optional software 21.3.1 with Lumion 11.3. 3D grass works perfectly on my Radeon Pro 560, yet it can’t on a graphics card 3X as powerful!

0 Likes

Mine is Gigabyte RX 6800 Gaming OC , same settings like yours. That #D grass error still ahppens on 10.5 which i had instaled before new driver, yet it has stopped on TIRAL version 11.3.0. 

Have you tweaked something, changed in adrenaline, or maybe there is some kind of conflict?

I am sorry, but I know how frustrated you are, i have had given up until 3 nights ago when new driver came out and i was furious when i tried it on 10.5. After that for last time i downloaded 11 trial version, and it worked well.

Another user on this forum has checked and it's working well for him also.

I don't really know what to say. 

I started repeating myself - SAFE MODE >DDU > RESTART > LAST ADRENALINE VERSION >CLEAN INSTAL ( OR WHATEVER IT IS CALLED IN ADRENALINE) .

I hope you will sort it out soon.

If i can help you about anything, I am here.

0 Likes

Thanks for your help, it is a very frustrating one! 

When you guys test it out is it a small or large about it 3D grass? I’m trying to cover plenty of space, so it’s on the higher end. Has anyone tried it with a large model? (Again, it works fine on my 560, just not my 6800). 

0 Likes

Wanna do comparation test :

Go Examples > Beach House > Placed 3D grass on object, whole beach > Placed FUR material on object, rest of the beach> 4K rendered. 

132.jpg

0 Likes

I attempted doing so, and to my surprise the 3D grass worked fine. 

I attempted to open my own scenes including custom models that have 3D grass applied and, once again, driver timeout. 

The issue seemingly persists when 3D grass (or the leaf material for that matter) is applied to a custom model. Particular those that are larger in size. 

Is anyone able to test my theory on their own machine? Much appreciated! 

0 Likes

Sorry about my answer before where I write everthing looks good. It is NOT good.

I had time to test it more. 3D grass problem is still there. Same problem same issue.

Shule. If its working for you can you share with us you clock setting ? Because I have 6800xt Sapphire Nitro+ And this card is a bit overclock by stock setting maybe I can try underclocking.

aaaa.JPG

0 Likes

I tried with multiple skp and collada files. Could you share one on 3D warehouse so we have same reference file to use?

0 Likes

I tried the exact same file on my Radeon Pro 580 device. Worked without an issue, whilst the 6800 times out.

This is such a major issue and I’m not confident an optional update truly fixed it. Is there any way we can make AMD aware of this? It should be a priority fix when you consider this case involves expensive graphics card and even more expensive software. 

Could you share the file so we could both try on same one. I managed to get drive timeout after placing 3d grass on whole city from 3D warehouse. But i am not sure if it is made to be used on that scale.

0 Likes

Unfortunately I can’t share the file due to it being for work purposes, but it’s not limited to just this file. I’ve tried numerous, each with the same issue. It also happens when applying one of the included leaf textures to a custom tree model. 

Since none of these issues are present whatsoever on my 580, it must be a driver issue that’s still not been fixed. Given the price and power of this graphics card, this simply shouldn’t be the case. 

We need to make AMD aware of this ASAP. 

I just brought Sapphire Nitro+ 6900 xt also for lumion 10.3.2 (before I used GTX 1080) 
and i keep on getting driver timeout crashed ( Radeon 21.5.2 )

6900xt is yes Higher Performance but very POOR STABILITY !! 

So what should i deal with this i can't finish my works at all

Hey, i would recommend upgrading Lumion version to 11.

I am afraid, there is not much you can do to prevent those timeouts.

I have sold my RX6800 because of that. Sorry.

0 Likes

Sadly the crashes will persist even on Lumion version 11.5. It’s clearly an AMD issue but because of how niche the Lumion software is, they don’t seem bothered about fixing it. 

Numerous graphics card updates and not a fix. But it’s okay because at least the latest video games work well! 

My first Radeon graphics card and I’m very disappointed. 

I'm still waiting for an answer from AMD, because Lumion Support is out of options.

BUT

I'm already fed up with this situation, it generates too much frustration. And few moments ago I just bought RTX 3070 Aours Master. RX 6800 is going for sale. I'm not saying it's a bad card. In gaming it's GREAT - everything on ultra and it runs great.

Interesting fact:

My first phonecall with local Lumion reseller was like this: "oh, you have AMD card? Oh, we're sorry to inform You that Lumion is mostly programmed to work on nVidia.' -_-

Well I wasn't expecting that Lumion which doesn't use most of benefits from all Nvidia GPUs software would be oriented that way.

I completely understand you, and I am glad that you managed to get new GPU.

I live in Montenegro where it's a bit harder to get new gpu, so I will have to wait a bit up. But if solution doesn't come any time soon I will definitely change this gpu.

0 Likes

Which reseller was that. That sounds like you have received some seriously wrong information. From my knowledge on the Lumion Forum, they are testing their app heavily on as many GPUs as they can get their hands on (be it Nvidia or AMD)

0 Likes
T1pek
Adept I

Hello guys,

Same problem for me. I tried lot of stuff and researches. Also contact Lumion support. 

Tried also MB bios updates. Nothing help. So any chance according my opinion and Lumion official support is that AMD have to make their drivers work. 

So now I'm looking for NVIDIA 3080. Because I can't work on that GPU. But I would like to keep my 6800xt if there is any small chance AMD will repair their drivers. But first we need of course answer from AMD.

My PC

5900x

B550 Gigabyte Vision D

32GB Corasiar 

850W PSU

AMD Radeon Shappire Nitro+ SE 6800xt.