cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

UNIGINE Superposition Benchmark - Post your results

I think I might have just uncovered the reason the Fury Nano performs so poorly, and it has to do with Wattman. My Wattman settings are set to automatic fan speed and a temperature of 75*C (default is 85*C but it heats up to that just as fast as well). This in theory sets the Wattman fan curve to peak out at 75*C, but instead it causes massive throttling to stay below that target temperature. The Fury Nano, being an ITX sized card, doesn't have the large heatsink of every other card, which causes abnormal performance as the heat ratchets up faster than the fan speed can adjust, since it slowly ramps up. I'm short on time right now, but when I return I'll do a run with the manually set fan speed to max and highest temperature and compare results to the one as before.

But in the meantime post your results on here using the 1080P Extreme preset, it only uses 3800MB VRAM so it won't be affected by 4GB cards, and see if you experience the same kind of result.

22 Replies
noodles59
Miniboss

Re: UNIGINE Superposition Benchmark - Post your results

Here mine - no OC all stock!

pastedImage_1.jpg

0 Likes

Right, so I turned up everything, fan speed to max (caps at 3550 RPM, not 4200 RPM), and it still throttles when it hits 81*C, down to as little as 833mhz (down from 1020mhz). Did result in a 11% performance due to a longer period before throttling.

0 Likes

noodles59‌ it looks like yours is throttling at 75*C too, manually max out your fan speed and see how much better it gets. Cards should not be set to throttle at 75*C AMD...

0 Likes
noodles59
Miniboss

I am not into OCing .. my GPU is fast nuf for my needs hence I disregard benchmark scores

0 Likes

Increasing the fan speed is not overclocking, it's preventing the hardware from getting so hot it throttles.

0 Likes
noodles59
Miniboss

Yep, you got me there!.. and I have still no interest to see my GPU going faster than it already is..   

0 Likes
goodplay
MVP

Don't know if this helps, wattman not enabled(no msi-ab, running on vbios stock) .

Expected to be close +/- to noodles59  ?

Nothing o/c, considering ambient 35C(no aircon) 86c on bench o.k. for me.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 7000s 2tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro..
0 Likes
ajlueke
Grandmaster

We can probably merge this thread into the original thread for these scores.

https://community.amd.com/thread/214635

0 Likes
skittlesnbits
Adept I

Cpu overclocked to 4.0ghz and this is release drivers so no overclock on the Radeon vii. I dont have the screen shot but with an over clock and the Adrenalin drivers 19.2.2 i can score 5700. Gpu at 2000mhz and the memory at 1200mhzreceived_2096495677106496.png

0 Likes