Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

satimis
Journeyman III

Seeking advice on selecting AM5 motherboard

Hi all,

Please recommend an AM5 motherboard for AMD Ryzen 9 16C 32T cpu. My preference is ASUS. I have used ASUS motherboards for years without problem.

I don't GAME nor need WIFI. The PC to be built will be connected directly to 1000M FTTH optical cable.

I need a powerful PC for daily office work.

RAM to be added - 2 x 32G DDR5

Thanks in advance.

Regards

0 Likes
4 Replies

Asus has a support forum, better to ask there.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Hi@goodplay,

Thanks.

Is it;

https://rog-forum.asus.com/

?

Regards

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Have a look at ASUS X670E PRO Art Creator.

It will have a strong VRM config plus two ethernet ports, ten gig and a 2.5 gig for fast network.

Don't forget to check QVL and buy a compatible memory kit to avoid issues.

I'm personally on a RoG X670E Strix A, but I'm more for gaming and video editing.0

As for your fiber optic, most boards rocking SFP ports are super expensive so I would get a PCIe expansion card or a good powerful router with SFP ports so you can then use the ten gig port on the ASUS board.

Good luck 

The Englishman
0 Likes
JohWill
Adept III

Asus has been in the crapper since GN found some shady support going on.  My only issues with Asus is there motherboards over volt and over speed the cpu too much.  You can’t just default your way out you have to manually go back and set the correct values for your cpu in this case it was a 5900x and a 5600x. My 5600x had real problems crashing over and over during its first windows 10 install awhile ago.  Few things like the argb software and the fan control is really generic..  but most of them are..  right now been using gigabyte Aorus “nice looking boards” boards high has been pretty good.  Nothing super OC or boosted by default.  Lighting and fan control is worse but I put up with it.  

0 Likes