cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Mechwarrior1
Journeyman III

Free Sync on but still getting tearing

Pretty bummed because I'm still getting tearing when using Free sync. Should I have gone with a G-sync computer monitor because I use Nvidia GPU? The whole reason I got a new monitor was to enjoy Frame Generation (which turns v-sync off) and hopefully have the benefits of the FG without having the screen tearing. It seems I'm in the exact same boat as I was before. I am glad I now have a 4k monitor so that's really nice. Any advice would be nice.

PS. I watched a bunch of YT videos and have messed with all the right settings which hasn't fixed anything. In the Nvidia control panel, I have forced V sync on, switched it to off to see if that was interfering with Free Sync, switched it to fast, ETC. My monitor is 4k 160hz. I've been seeing people say you need to use a frame limiter if it goes over that but isn't that the job of Free Sync?? Basically, it looks EXCATLY the same as it did before I bought this monitor...

-Dillon

0 Likes
2 Replies
JohWill
Adept III

Sorry this was thinking you had a Radeon. 

0 Likes
JohWill
Adept III

About the frame limiter.  Nope,  that shouldn’t matter at all.  At least not on any of my Radeons.  Rx7900xt at 4k.  I do know as you go up in rez your free sync will drop.   Don’t remember if I ever got higher than 120. Don’t think so..  yeah I think at 10bit 4k 120hz on a 7900xt is its max.. Check your card max rate

0 Likes