Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

tscengr
Journeyman III

Ryzen 9 3900x cooler

Hi,

New to this community, just want to ask some inputs/recommendations. I used Ryzrn 7 1700 for 3 years and bought a Ryzen 9 3900X without a cooler. Currently using the Ryzen 7 1700 default air cooler. Though it works and doesn't heat up since I have an ATX chassy but still exploring for a not really fancy but a better cooler. Water cooling not an option since expensive

Thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

If the wraith spire is working fine for you and you're not overclocking then why change it? it's kept your old Ryzen CPU cool for 3 years, I'd personally stick with it and save money.

BUT if you insist on getting an new aftermarket cooler, I'd personally go for the Deepcool Gammaxx 400, it's only $30 with stellar performance for the price.

Robbert
Adept III

As mentioned already, Deepcool makes decent coolers. What's your budget? Noctua is always a good choice, the "Noctua NH-U12S" is around $70 on Newegg/Amazon.

The"Scythe Fuma 2 CPU Air Cooler" is a great choice as well, for about $ 60.

Vetroo V5 CPU Air Cooler is a good budget choice for $ 30 - Gamers Nexus has done a review on it. I'm not sure how well it'll hold up with a Ryzen 9 3900x though.

If you want to spend more, look into the "Noctua NH-D15" - this one will run you for about $ 100 - but it is a massive cooler, so make sure you have room.

Finally - AIO is an option as well, Lian-Li Galahad is great (about $ 160). I currently run a 240mm Corsair "Corsair iCUE H115i Elite Capellix Liquid CPU Cooler", which I really like, also about $ 160.

Hope this helps!

tscengr
Journeyman III

Appreciate all inputs. Will check which fits my Corsair ICUE4000. 

ripcord
Adept III

The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition RGB CPU Air Cooler for under $60 on Amazon or Newegg.
The aesthetics of this cooler are fantastic. The entire cooler is "blacked out" and looks much better than the Hyper 212's of past. The RGB functionality is also there, for anyone looking for that kind of thing (which is everyone, right?). The value here is pretty high. It's difficult to find a comparable cooler for the price, especially when this is on sale. I'm currently using this on a 2700X, and it performed about 5-10 degrees cooler than the Wraith Prism while operating at a lower noise level.

Hyper 212 RGB Black EditionHyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Radeon RX 7800 XT, MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE Wi-Fi, 64 GB DDR4.
0 Likes

Got to agree with Ripcord. Cooler Master makes some solid great performing CPU/APU coolers that don't break the bank and also look pretty good while doing what they do. 

Thermaltake Noctua Zalman MSI and Corsair also make great coolers for very reasonable prices.

I'm not a salesman just have 22 years of PC building experience. One learns pretty quick which brands are true to their word and which ones are all hype.

Newegg is great at giving accurate specs on their products along with very accurate customer reviews. Even videos on DIY and how to install uninstall or build your setup.

Always research extensively the products you want to buy and watch installation videos to see if the Cooler will fit your case without any obstructions. I find the most common obstruction is the RAM. Most gaming RAM is high profile due to the large heatsinks and can block a lot of high end air coolers installation or just make it more difficult to install in the first place.