cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Flappy
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 7800X3D System Freeze

So for sometime now I have had this weird issue where when I'm gaming my system will freeze or act like its running at 1fps for about 3 - 6 seconds and then it will stop and continue running just fine. This doesn't happen everyday, some weeks it won't happen at all and then some it will happen like 4 days out of the week. During these freezes the audio will continue to play so like if the system freezes, I can still continue to have a conversation in discord or hear if I'm getting attack in game. 

System specs are: 

Windows 11 

Ryzen 7 7800X3D 

EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA 

G.Skill Trident Z DDR5 32GB 6000Mhz RAM 

2TB WD M.2 (Boot drive) 

EVGA G6 SuperNova PSU 

Lian Li Galahad AIO and UNI Fans for the case 

Seagate SSD 

WesternDigital HDD 

I have tried a lot of troubleshooting steps and luckily the rate of the issue has gone down but sometimes still happen. That it was due to my pagefile being too big for my old boot drive so I got the 2TB M.2 and reinstalled windows which did help a bit. 

Haven't ran a memtest yet but I do plan on doing that this weekend. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

Doesn't sound like your "system" is necessarily the issue, if your display is freezing but your audio continues to play just fine.

Have you tried logging stats to capture exactly what is happening when you experience these freezes?

Gamers Nexus has detailed PresentMon utility for monitoring game performance.

https://game.intel.com/us/intel-presentmon/

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

Y'know I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the system as the issue cause this does ONLY happen in a handful of games. Blessed it never happens in Minecraft or Elden Ring lol. I'll check out the Gamers Nexus part though. Thank you! 

0 Likes