Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

jakefrances
Adept II

R9 7950x, 7900 XTX | Constant Crashing While Playing/Recording Games

Hi,

I've been trying to play and record video games with my computer, but nothing seems to be working. My computer keeps crashing while playing. I cannot for the life of my figure out what the problem is. All I can say is that when I try to play a video game, the computer frequently will crash. The crashes happen way more often if I am recording the game, but they still occur even when I am not recording. One time this happened, it corrupted my Windows OS and I had to reset my computer.

I've been playing Elden Ring almost exclusively for awhile. I don't know if this is a game specific issue or not at this point.

My chipset and GPU driver are up to date. So is my BIOS. My mobo is an ASUS AM5 x670E. I've no idea what the problem is. I'm so sick of trying to figure this out. Can anyone advise me on what I should do?

Thanks,

Jake

5 Replies
addiepie79
Adept III

Ok first you need to post your PC model like motherboard model ram your using and model of your gpu and the power supply and whether it's a certified version Gold,bronz,planium,ect.  another thing and not trying to mean or anything but you must include your system specs because there are so many models out there and each has its own share of different issues, so it is not an option for you to not tell us your specs please and thank you for your understanding.

Adam J Martin
0 Likes

No problem. I've been having issues with my computer since I built it six months ago, but I had assumed that they were software issues and that eventually everything would be working correctly.

Unfortunately, that day never came, and six months later, things have gotten even worse. I am all out of ideas of how to fix it. My BIOS, chipset driver, GPU drivers and Windows OS are all up to date. I constantly keep everything up to date. I've reinstalled the entire windows OS about 15 times. I've no clue how to proceed.

Please help.

My Hardware:
Drive: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB Solid State Drive - M.2 PCIe Gen4 ×4 NVMe 1.4
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series (AMD Expo) 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR5 600
Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WiFi 6E Socket AM5
PSU: Corsair RM1000x (2021) Fully Modular ATX Power Supply - 80 PLUS Gold
CPU: Ryzen 9 7950x Processor
GPU1: AMD 7900 XTX reference model
GPU2: ASRock Challenger Arc A380 6GB GDDR6

My Software:
Windows 11 Home
Version: 22H2
Installed on: 7/20/2023
OS Build: 22621.1992

If there is any additional information that you need from me, please let me know.

Thanks.

0 Likes

I wrote up a pretty detailed response but it didnt post ... just testing to see if this message posts ...

0 Likes

Okay ... why  was my response removed or not posted?

0 Likes

i guess ill create another thread ... going crazy with all these errors lol ... even the forum has errors ..

0 Likes