cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

No video signal

Dear AMD support community

I have build following system a few months ago (I'll refer to it as build A from now on):

R7 5800X

Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi X570 (updated the bios for the R7 5800x support).

Corsair 64GB DDR4-3600 Kit

1xSamsung QVO 4TB
Gelid Scirocco CPU cooler
Gigabyte Aorus Gen4 SSD 2 TB
rx 6900 xt

Corsair SF750

Everything worked great, until today. Last time I gamed on build A was the day before yesterday. Last thing I did was update the computer (windows 10) and shut down. Today  I booted up the system but the monitor did not receive a video signal. I removed the 6900xt from build A, took out my rx 6700 xt from another build (build B from here now on)  and fitted it in build A.  Build A, now fitted with the rx 6700 xt, didn't show a video signal after this switch. I refitted the Ram modules, refitted the HDMI cables, tried spare cables, tried display port cables and fitted the RX 6900 xt back into build A and the RX 6700 xt back into build B. But nothing worked. I also tried build B on the monitor, the monitor worked fine. I tried build A on a different monitor, no video signal.

I think I need to RMA something, but I don't know how I can figure out which part is faulty. I think I can conclude that the GPU is not the issue. But then what is?  The cpu? The MOBO? The RAM? The ryzen 5800x doesn't have integrated graphics, nor does the MOBO, so how can I know which one of these components is the real culprit?

Build B consists of:
R5 2600x
x470 Asrock Fatality

Corsair RM750  

32GB 3600 RAM (don't know which brand anymore)

seagate SSHD 4TB

Seagate SSHD 2TB

NVME M2 gen3 500GB

RX 6700 Xt.

Build B works fine on any monitor.

0 Likes
0 Replies