cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

matrimc
Adept I

Newegg not giving Game Codes nor Answering to my requiries

Bought Rx 580 from Newegg late November when they were listed as partner on the AMD Game promotion going on right now. Did not receive any codes from them after purchase and they don't answer to requiries about them. What are my options?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
67 Replies
pokester
MVP

Re: Newegg not giving Game Codes nor Answering to my requiries

Not sure, maybe if you can prove your situation to AMD one of the AMD mods here could help. I can't promise anything but I know I have seen them involved in similar situations before.

amdmatt

ray_m

0 Likes
warsun
Challenger

Yeah i have this problem as well. I went to the Awards thing i was told to go to. An i had 3 games i was suppose to be getting after getting the new Graphics card i bought. So how do i get my codes. I gave it too www.amdrewards.com then have not contacted me. No phone calls nor do i want them to call me. I want an Email. An no one is saying anything. Starting to think its a scam. Its been over a month. No one is contacting me. I just checked i can now log in.An it says.

My code has Expired for my games.

So i want to speak to a manager. I want to speak to whoever is in charge of AMDRewards.com Because it looks like its a SCAM Site.

colesdav
MVP

Hi,

Which bundle exactly?

(1). Raise the Game (AMD Launches The "Raise The Game" Bundle For Radeon RX Vega, RX 580, and RX 570 ) or
(2). Raise the Game Fully Reloaded (Raise Your Game Fully Loaded | AMD )
                                                       AMD Launches 'Raise the Game Fully Loaded' Bundle, Offers Up To Three Free Games If You Buy a Radeon...

I nearly got caught out on (1). above ... Card was advertised with Raise The Game deal but the campaign period had ended. In another case the vendor ran out of codes before the campaign period ended and I luckily checked before attempting purchase.

The Terms and Conditions for (1). are here:
https://s3.ca-central-1.amazonaws.com/amdrewards/terms/AMDRewards-Q3RaisetheGame_Radeon_OEMs-NorthAm...

https://s3.ca-central-1.amazonaws.com/amdrewards/terms/AMDRewards-Q3RaisetheGame_Radeon_Component&SI...

The Terms and Conditions for (2). are here - you really should read them: https://s3.ca-central-1.amazonaws.com/amdrewards/terms/AMDRewards-Q4RaisetheGame_Radeon_TCs_OEM_SI_W...

Is it possible that Newegg ran out of free game codes very early or maybe they are not giving out codes until the games are available?

Bye.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Sure any of those could be possible. It is an AMD promotion regardless. Someone could at least answer them you would think. I know I have had horrible luck getting my games through the years too. I'd say about a 65% average of actually getting my promised games. When I tried to contact AMD about it the last time, I was never answered either. My most recent RX 580 bought during the mining boom didn't come with anything.

colesdav
MVP

Yes I didn't think that Vega II would bve released for gamers/consumers because Navi was supposed to be ouit by now. I hunted down an XFX RX Vega 64 Liquid, which did not include the game deal.
I got the XFX RX Vega 64 Liquid GPU for 570 which is at least less than the 700 asked for Vega II (or Radeon 7 ...). I see Newegg promoting PowerColor RX Vega 64 Liquids with the Raise the Game Reloaded Deal for $500 today though:

pastedImage_1.png

Looks like a good RX Vega 64 deal if you are after one.

Bye.

0 Likes
warsun
Challenger

Sorry it takes me time to get things done to post. An sorry about my spelling in that last post. I was half asleep.Screenshot_2019-01-09 Newegg com - Newegg shopping upgraded ™.png

As i was saying. I got this thing building my Nieces new computer. So she said nothing about the games. I was going to surprise her with the new games.  An just gift them to her.Because i thought i was going to get the card in the mail.Then i enter the code an give it too her.

That never happened. When i got the box in 8 days.After ordering it. I had called Newegg on how to install it. They told me to go to the other website. OK fine. Ill do that. OK You need to register. OK. Registered. We will get in contact with you in 48 Hours. 48 hours pass. Nothing. I wait another day just to play it safe. No. Nothing. So i do this again and again for up to 2 weeks. We are talking its the 19th of December an still i am not registered. So i have to try contacting them. The contact information is the SAME METHOD of registration. So see you in 48 hours.

It is the equivalent to giving me the finger,.You cant call them for an emergency but they have to have your phone number. So there is no way to contact them other than THIS location! So you finally get registered after TWO WEEKS of registering 3 times a day 5 days a week! We are on the last week of December at this point. I am waiting for my code to go through. Waiting one day. Waiting two days Time is running out. it was an entire week an 3 days later. An then it says. Your registration has Expired. I want you to think about that.

That! Sounds like a Scam. If i wasn't very clear in my other post. I`ll make it clear here. My phone has call blocking. So no unknown calls from outside states an what not that are of telemarketing or other sounds. So i don't want my registration or anything coming from the phone. It has to be by email. I just wanted my codes. That`s all anyone had to do. Just send in the code. No one did that. It was just me putting in my name an my Game code over an over again for weeks. No responses. Well that isn't exactly true. I got 2 responses.

goodplay
MVP

Did you register/apply using the pc with the card installed.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
colesdav
MVP

Hi.

That sounds pretty bad. I do  not think I will order from Newegg or worry about the AMD Raise the Game Deal then, based on what you say.

I got a BFV game code with RTX2080 OC. It was supposed to be made available to me within one week of order but did not turn up within the week.
I contacted the retailer and told them I would return the card if the game code did not turn up as they failed to deliver on the order.

Like  you I was on to Customer Support every day when the game code did not turn up.
I gave the GPU a good review but the retailer a bad review.
I really like the GPU but I started to feel scammed.
They took my money immediately so I expect delivery of what I bought.
There was also an expiry date on the code registration so I could have lost the code.

Their excuse was there were not enough staff to process the game code delivery.
I threatened to cancel the order and send the card back. I also opened a return request.
The game code turned up 2 days later after I opened the return request.

I should not have had to do that, but at least I got my code for BFV.
The Code Registration on the Nvidia Rewards Site worked immediately though and I was up and running in no time.

I would prefer AMD and NVidia just cut the 'game deals' and drop the GPU pricing instead for a small number of GPU in these promotions. 
I really liked the initial Raise the Game titles, but I am not really interested in the Raise the Game Reloaded titles, and you cannot sell the game codes.

Hopefully someone will help you out.

Bye.

warsun
Challenger

Quote:Did you register/apply using the pc with the card installed.

I have no idea what you mean.Do they mean my computer has to have the graphics card installed to register the codes I HAVEN'T RECEIVED YET!?! is that what they're asking me? To install a code to a computer through an Email.account or Phone number? I want you to think about this. I gave them my code. All they say they will get in touch with me. I cant call them. They wont talk to me. I am just suppose to wait by my computer or phone for 48 hours till someone wants to talk to me.