cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

klong
Journeyman III

In my AMD setting there is no option to 3D applications settings.

My computer was wiped and when installing programs I came across this issue. I have downloaded the latest driver and I need to adjust specific programs to use this card as a default like SketchUp Pro. All the articles I came acroos have options that do not show in my panel. How to Update Video Card Driver and Set Default GPU - Open GL 3.3 Error (Windows Only) – ON1 Support 

Under AMD users # 3 my panel looks diferent. I have attached screenshots. Also, there is no additonal settings listed. I also added Sketchup as a program on here.

0 Likes
1 Solution

What you need to do is go in to the bios, display/graphics, and select the discrete card as the 'Primary'. This disables the onboard graphics and all applications will use the selected graphics card.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies

I don't understand....the screenshots are of the 3D settings. What do you think is missing?

You have to select/click on the game you added to adjust settings for that game

Is this a laptop?

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION 

0 Likes
klong
Journeyman III

None of these setting offer the opportunity to set your applications to use this graphics card.  As you see in the article above. I attached what it should look like. I need to be able to set my SketchUp program to use this graphics card it currently defaulted to the Intel card.RS218.png

0 Likes

No this is not a  laptop it is a destop. Aslo the screenshot in my origional post labeled SketchUp Settings shows my option and this is not on here.

0 Likes

These settings are for a laptop. Not a desktop graphics card...they do not have these settings. Apples and oranges.

0 Likes

Really need this information > https://community.amd.com/thread/196209 

0 Likes

Describe your system:

• AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series
  • Desktop
  • Windows 10 64bit
  • Radeon Software Adrenalin 19.7.4
  • BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V4.9, 5/28/2015
    SMBIOS Version 2.8
  • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
  • RAM 16GB

Describe your issue:

This was a custom built desktop. I had issues with a windows update and had to have someone wipe the computer and reinstall windows. This issue of the graphics card presented itself when I reinstalled Sketchup.

Sketchup Warning.PNG

This is SketchUp Pro 2019

0 Likes

What you need to do is go in to the bios, display/graphics, and select the discrete card as the 'Primary'. This disables the onboard graphics and all applications will use the selected graphics card.

0 Likes

0 Likes