cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

ayusz
Journeyman III

I have total 4 GB dedicated Video memory but I have alloted only 512mb of Vram I want to increase my video memory please help me at least 2 GB I can get Thats enough.

Want to increase Video memory of AMD A9-9425 processor with R5 Graphics 

0 Likes
9 Replies

On Desktop BIOS you can increase or decrease the Integrated vRAM from the minimum to the maximum of 2 gbytes.

In laptop's not sure if in BIOS you have this option or not.

You need to enter your laptop's BIOS and see if there is a setting for increasing the integrated Graphics vRAM.

elstaci wrote:

On Desktop BIOS you can increase or decrease the Integrated vRAM from the minimum to the maximum of 2 gbytes.

In laptop's not sure if in BIOS you have this option or not.

You need to enter your laptop's BIOS and see if there is a setting for increasing the integrated Graphics vRAM.

In a laptop most are automatic, desktops are also largely automatic as well

most BIOS these days do not expose all of the possible options

0 Likes

It might be automatic but it should still have a BIOS Setting in increasing or decreasing the amount of vRAM the integrated GPU uses.

His laptop seems to have the minimum amount of vRAM for the integrated GPU.

My Lenovo T series machines with discrete graphics have a BIOS option to select what you want. The discrete graphics have dedicated VRAM for the machines.

The Lenovo X series with only the Intel crud do not have any exposed options. The default for Intel is varies from machine to machine.

My AM4 boards with my R5 2400G show some options for the Vega 11 graphics which share the main memory.

0 Likes

But In my BIOS I don't have this option in Dell inspiron 15 3000

0 Likes

check with Dell, they may have some package that can manage the machine for you

0 Likes

Listen I have laptop of dell

0 Likes

Inspiron 15 3000 Laptop | Dell Canada 

Use the automatic diagnostic tools

0 Likes

In my BIOS there is no such option I have Dell inspiron 15 3000 laptop with

integrated APU R5 graphics and I want to increase it's Gram.Please tell me