Wich Air cooler do i get for the ryzen 5 3600

0 Likes
10 Replies
Orkie
Adept I

0 Likes
Orkie
Adept I

The Noctua NH-D15 is a beast, and I love mine, I use an R5 3600 atm (until I upgrade to my new R7)

If you're on a tighter budget, the Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B. is also nice and I know a few friends of mine who use it, and would recommend

@chorapcho wrote:

Wich Air cooler do i get for the ryzen 5 3600

My Cooler Master 212 Evo works great. They have been around a long time and are super supported and get updated for new sockets. They run about $35.

0 Likes

I'm using an Arctic freezer 34 duo, it's very efficient for around $50 bucks but what size case you are using will determine if you have clearance issues or not. Good case airflow helps a lot also equal intake/exhaust.

You dont need to spend more than 50 or so for good cooling.

0 Likes

Sorry i should have given my results, I have a 5600x and run low 30C at idle.

0 Likes

Are you asking because you want to upgrade the CPU Cooler that came bundled with the Ryzen 5 3600 - Wraith Stealth?

If so any of the other CPU Coolers suggested are fine for your CPU processor which has a TDP of 65 Watts.

I have the same one as @pokester has the Cooler Master Hyper212 EVO with two fans attached. Keeps my Ryzen 7 3700X from overheating under heavy Stress tests and loads.

Noctua are one of the best due to its 6 year Warranty but also one of the most expensive to purchase compare to others similar CPU Coolers.

0 Likes

@elstaci wrote:

Are you asking because you want to upgrade the CPU Cooler that came bundled with the Ryzen 5 3600 - Wraith Stealth?

If so any of the other CPU Coolers suggested are fine for your CPU processor which has a TDP of 65 Watts.

I have the same one as @pokester has the Cooler Master Hyper212 EVO with two fans attached. Keeps my Ryzen 7 3700X from overheating under heavy Stress tests and loads.

Noctua are one of the best due to its 6 year Warranty but also one of the most expensive to purchase compare to others similar CPU Coolers.

My 3700x is OC'd with a single fan 212 evo. Never goes over 77 degrees full load. I have 2 3600's and one runs cooler and the other hotter than the 3700x. 

0 Likes

Yes my CPU is overheating with the wraith stealth. So I think I'll just go for noctua I have 70$ budget

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

cheapest GOOD AirCooler is the LC-CC-120 // there is also a RGB and an ARGB Version of that Cooler = 20-30€
best-bang-for-buck is Thermalright Macho 120 AM4 = around 50€ for a very capable Cooler
best AirCooler there is: Thermalright SilverArrow-Extreme (not the ITX) = 90€

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes
LeyvinBeta
Adept I

Check to see if the Ryzen Processors you're purchasing comes with a Wraith Cooler... most do. 

These are excellent Low-Noise Coolers, and while they might keep the CPU a little more toasty than say an Evo 212 (esp. with a Push-Pull Fan Configuration); it WILL not only be much quieter under-load but the noise itself is more of a hum than a whirl., which more rapidly becomes "Background" Noise than something noticeble.

The ONLY time I'd recommend a 3rd Party Air Cooler, is if one doesn't come with the CPU.

And in such a case... any Branded Cooler (Coolermaster, Antec, etc.) is going to be fine... it really comes more down to what you visually prefer., most £35 - 50 Coolers are going to be "Overkill" 

0 Likes