cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

islamsamy
Journeyman III

How to switch to the dedicated card in DELL Inspiron 5567 i7 7500u

I have DELL Inspiron 5567 i7 7500u / 8Gb / Dual graphic cards : integrated one is Intel HD Graphics 620 +  dedicated one is Radeon R7 M445 4Gb

Windows 10 Pro x64 bit

I do not have the "Configure switchable graphics" options from the desktop. Under the system tab in the AMD Radeon settings UI, it shows "Hardware AMD R7 M265 series (disabled).

I've updated the driver version without any benefit.

There are a conflict between the Autocad program and the graphic card in the laptop although the driver was updated according to the the recommended procedure from Autodesk. See the attached file.

Error: "Exception in ACVMTOOLS" when launching AutoCAD | AutoCAD 2017 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

AutoCAD uses the wrong graphics card | AutoCAD 2017 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

AutoCAD crashes when opening or closing drawings on laptops with dual graphic cards | AutoCAD 2016 |...

Please, help me. I want to use the dedicated graphic card as the default one.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Higher end laptops have the option in the bios to select the discrete graphics as the 'Primary' graphics. This would mean the R7 will be used for everything. If you don't have that option, check the manufacturers' support site for a bios update that might add that function.

Laptop graphics update...How to