cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

ardankyaosen
Miniboss

How to Remove Trending Topics and Link Bar?

You've updated your forum software and now there's a big old link bar and Trending Topics at the top of https://community.amd.com/ .  I'd like to be able to remove those.  As it is now, the page header, the navigation bar, the search bar and now the link bar and Trending Topic section take up the entire first screen.   I have to scroll past all of that to see the material I WANT to see.  That link bar should be in the footer at the bottom of the page.  It, too, is taking up valuable real-estate that I now need to scroll past EVERY TIME I visit the forum to see actual threads.

Also:

1. People (i.e., me (or is that I?)) have been asking for a Dark Mode for ages.
    https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/forum-suggestion-please-give-us-a-dark-mode-option/... 
    Once again, you've updated the forum software and not given us that.  I'd much rather have the ability to choose not to be blinded by this eye-searing white background than to have stuff I don't want added above the actual information on the main page.
  2. The search bar I mentioned earlier should be MUCH thinner.  Heck, it could be reduced to a magnifying glass icon in the page header.
  3. It sure would be nice if you'd fix whatever it is that prevents my browser from remaining signed in to your site:  https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/as-of-today-forum-is-signing-me-out-every-time-i-le... 
9 Replies
Dragokar
Miniboss

I would like to add that the nav bar on the top left is kinda tricky to understand. I sometime, even as a frequent user, have to search where to post and read the stuff I would like to read.

0 Likes

I've set (edge favorites) my landing page to below,

Screenshot (2).png 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

@goodplay  Is that a MS Edge feature only or does it work in other browsers like Firefox or is that some setting at AMD Forums?

0 Likes

Do you mean bypassing the 'trending topics, etc..'? Just click 'Support Forums' in the top toolbar changes to what i have, then bookmark it in browser.

The dark is an add on browser ext. Dark Reader (edge/chrome/firefox/safari).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Great, Thanks for the update.

Going see how that Dark Reader extension works in Firefox. I prefer the black background due to it is easier to read the fonts and makes the graphics look better and sharper.

EDIT: Just added Dark Reader extension to Firefox and now AMD Forum has the same look as your image with a black background. 

Thanks again for the suggestion.

bluesadam
Elite

The AMD website overall needs a full overhaul. The problems you have stated unfortunately affects every single page. Even in the driver webpage, all the title bars and stuff cover up the entire first screen for no reason. It is such a hassle to navigate this website.

0 Likes
Dragokar
Miniboss

Also a kinda weird issue, I got whiteouts/white screens since the new forum update using Firefox 124.0.1 Any ideas?

0 Likes
ed6698
Adept III

What I don't understand with the trending topics scrolling is that all those topics are at the top anyways. Why have them scrolling when the same very topics are right below them in the Community Activity. 

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero - Ryzen 5950X - Noctua NH D15 Chromax Black - 4x8GB 32Gb GSkill DDR4 3800 - Asus RTX 3070 TUF OC V2 - Samsung 980 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, Corsair Force GT - Super Flower 1000W Leadex SE Platinum
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Yep.  I just compared the 8 scrolling Trending topics and they're identical to the 8 first threads.  There's no point to Trending topics at all.  It's just a waste of space (and time -- who'd watch a scrolling feed instead of just manually looking at the actual threads sitting just there?).

0 Likes