cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

lillehamer
Adept III

Re: Help Whanted. MSI 6900XT 16G. LOW FPS.

No problem.

0 Likes
lillehamer
Adept III

A New day and new problems like i said, i havent done anything but power on my computer and this happent, Bad GPU scorre again.

lillehamer_0-1616399180441.png

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Wow. 
That is very strange. 
Are you certain that the same Radeon Driver 2020 21.3.1 is still installed? 
Can you check Windows Updates and see if Microsoft have installed any Radeon Drivers on your PC whilst you booted up?
They might autoinstall an older driver over your existing one if you have autodriver install enabled.

Are you sure there are no other CPU processes running in the background?
How much CPU % use is Radeon Software taking? 

Firestrike test is very dependent on CPU performance and load.
To test a GPU like RX6900XT you would normally be better to run TimeSpy Extreme 4K or Firestrike Ultra 4K to stress the GPU. 

Just for a few quick comparisons scores. 

Ryzen 2700X, RX Vega 64 Liquid no GPU Overclocking. Firestrike Result =  21123,  BFV Result = 85+
Ryzen 2700X, RX5700XT no GPU Overclocking.  Firestrike Result = 22179. BFV Result = 95+
Ryzen 2700X, RX Vega 64 Liquid with  GPU Overclock for DX11 Gaming applied. Firestrike Result =  22220,  BFV Result = 95+

I do not bother to overclock the RX5700XT as it is toasty enough at default clocks.

0 Likes
lillehamer
Adept III

lillehamer_0-1616420938644.png

I have checked this in windows update, and no other update on the date  21-22 that have to do what Driver on graficcard, and this is the only driver on 2020 21.3.1 still like AMD Adralina shows.

Need help here, because i think you are on the RIGHT track, but dont know abaut this CPU processes runing in the backgraund, then i test in Firestrik or Timespy, how can i see this too, then it is in full skreen mode, i have to be able to see this, but i dont know how then the test is going on, like you said there must be somthing running in the background that take some bits, what do i know.

Se how much CPU % used in Radion Software talking ??????? Lost now.....

colesdav
MVP

Try running Windows Task Manager. 

Processes will give a list of background processes running. 

Performance will show you graphs running. 

That is what I normally do. 

There was a problem with Adrenalin 2020 Radeon Settings taking large amount of CPU resources but it was supposed to be fixed by now. 

Thanks.  

0 Likes
lillehamer
Adept III

Humm, looking at my processes in proformance graf, CPU is om 100 % on 1 theds, you know i have 16 theds CPU, but on Theds 2 it seems to be on 100 % all the time, maby strenges but overall CPU proformce is only used a 5 % so, i dont think this is the problem, Ram is good, SSD is good, dont know what to try next, but i will like before try DDU again, and see if that CPU thed 2, still is on 100 % after i install driver again, littel lost here, still bad performnce again.

lillehamer
Adept III

Okay maby somthing here, i have 2 NETWERK prots on my EVGA 299X Dark motherboard, i have allways used the the one in the top, Intell I219 NIC but it semms that my conection is all over the place, now i try the other one lowest one Intell I210 NIC, and all things is going well now, i have NOT done anything whit DDU yet, now i will see if this is the problem, this is strenge.

colesdav
MVP

I hope you get to the bottom of the problem. 

0 Likes
lillehamer
Adept III

Thanks, and Thanks for u help too, lets see tomorrow, maby this is the fault, but still strenges, wee wait to see, but if the internetports is the problem, hummm i dont know, i just use the other one, i can se after i use this one (Lowerst) Slot, the CPU usage on theds 2 is 1-2 % again, hummm.

0 Likes
gmbseoxx
Journeyman III

MSI Afterburner is a powerful overclocking tool: you can set all possible ... adjust points on the curve so that lower voltage is hit at a given frequency.

0 Likes