cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Gauthijm
Adept I

Driver Timeout Issue, game Locks up after 1 -20 minutes... AMD Problem Reporter on Screen

Setup; Brand new system

===

Hi gang;

I have a stock NOLVUS (Skyrim) installation,

PC is AMD 7900 XTX , AMD 7700 CPU, 32 Gig RAM, 24 GB VRAM , 2x 2 TB SSD, Monitor Widescreen LG

I'm getting consistent last 48 hours, Driver timeout issues that lock up my game; I get no CRASH Reporting in Nolvus Framework, its not a crash its a self reported driver timeout error; everything looks good, fps, no huge memory spikes, everything is fine until the game freezes in the outdoors (only).. Anyone know what I can do to change to change the equation ?

Update: I am freezing on amd driver timeout issues, and pagefile has been increased.. Nada.

Update2: no other games crash, latest drivers installed, both Windows and AMD

====

Using Version 24.1.1 of AMD Driver Update on Adrenaline.

Help ?

Take care

Jean

5 Replies
FunkZ
Paragon

If the issue has first presented in the last 48 hours since going to 24.1.1 and only exhibiting in one game have you tried rolling back to previous known good driver?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
hanifjsb
Adept II

same issue face on my rx 7600 driver version 24.1.1, rollback to 23.12.1 now fixed my problem.  

0 Likes
radu1006
Adept III

I have reported the same issue with freezing windows that occurs even without being in a game on the 24.1.1 topic.

Also fixed by reverting to 23.12.1.

This driver release was a mess.

0 Likes
Dexter307
Journeyman III

Same issue here on 24.1.1. Getting driver timeouts in game, and sometimes even just while sitting at the windows desktop screen. Fixed with old drivers. These drivers are a mess. Using a 7900XTX

0 Likes