Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

shaqg23
Adept II

Crashing Dota 2 and PC becoming unresponsive

Hi! 

Today I have faced two crashes when I was playing DOTA 2,pc was unresponsive and I had to manually shut off pc I noticed after the first crash that my AMD software made an automatic update, after that I uninstalled the software edition via DDU, and installed pro edition, next thing I noticed is that my GPU fan while it's not loaded or it is idle in the desktop it is spinning with 900 rpm or less, sometimes it does not even spin. also, the memory clock was showing 0, during the stress test and GPU z sensor. What sort of a problem is that? Is it related to the driver or what happened?

12 Replies

Thank you for suggestion, also forgot to mention that my GPU sometimes when it is in the idle mod uses 26% of the speed RPM, and spins around fixed 986 RPM, is it also driver bug? When i tried to manually change tuning option I was not able to decrease tuning below 33% as it is mentioned in the picture 

shaqg23_0-1687348286440.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not know and I did not play with fan tuning option.

0 Likes

I do not play with the custom option either, but when i checked the fan settings this popped up, isnt it supposed to be freely to change whether i want fans to spin at idle or not?

0 Likes
AMD_cire
Challenger

Use 22.11.2 version.

For dota, use VULKAN.. I think AMD messup DX11 and freeze your dota.

For FAN, I prefer to make it always turn on. Disable that zero RPM.

Also lower your Mhz so temp not so high and your fan not hissing (quite annoying for me)

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G

Sorry for the late response, will try it out, Could you please tell me if fans turning on randomly while no high load is a normal thing or not? it's always at a fixed rate of RPM. 

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

If you have Zero RPM turned off the fans will run at around 30% speed while at idle, and they will steadily ramp up until as the temps rise. I typically turn off Zero RPM and turn on advanced fan control and let the default curve do it's thing. 

cpurpe91_0-1688609604330.png

I am fairly certain the minimum speed you can set is near 30%.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
wallmoura
Adept II

Just asking, why recommending the 22.11.2? 

0 Likes

Just google and people who more experts saying 22.5.1 or 22.11.2.

That 22.5.1 is good but trouble with google chrome when play youtube or twitch.

So,I prefer 22.11.2. And do not too eager to always up to date.. if you are good with your current version (no error, good fps, everything all normal). Just play your game and enjoy it.

RPM bettter turn off that zero rpm, not too good for me. MSI, when RPM start spinning, it has a small bit sound and annoy me everything it stop then next 5 minutes turn back on with this small bit sound.

I also feel start stop start stop the fans not good, better running steady at 30% when do office work and steady 50-60% when play games rather than fan start stop time by time

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

The memory clock could be incorrect based on other factors. I know if I have MSI Afterburner installed it messed up my readings in HWinfo64, so much so that I just stopped using it and started using Adrenalin for everything involving fan curves and overlays. With MSI Afterburner installed my fans read 10k+ RPMs at times, in HWinfo64. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you guys still have that problem?

0 Likes

RPM is still on while PC is Idle but it's not consistent but sometimes happens, even when doing simple tasks such as browsing Chrome. DOTA has not crashed since the updates.

0 Likes